200 Million 4000 Year Old Termite Mounds Discovered In Brazil

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
I rarely think of the word "awesome" but that's about the only word i can think of right now after reading about this.
200 million mounds all 8 feet or higher built by termites over a 4000 year period. The total amount of material in the mounds is four thousand times that of the material used to build the Great Pyramid. Thus they moved a huge amount of material over time. The breath of the constructions is as large as a big city, maybe larger.
The mounds are dirt dug up by the termites as they create underground tunnels. They are not the normal termite mounds where the insects live inside, they are just a by product of their digging efforts.
It is truly astonishing almost unbelievable what tiny tiny insects can do given enough time.
A termite queen can lay 25 eggs per minute over a period of 50 years. That's over 2.5 million eggs over the life of the insect.

https://earthsky.org/earth/huge-ancient-termite-mounds-brazil-visible-via-satellite

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Ancient aliens termites?
Hey the termites helped build the pyramids :)

But watch out, New York has just made it against the law to use the word "alien" in regard to a human. So i guess you are in the clear, at least for now.

But back on topic, myself and a neighbor were talking about a week or two ago and we were noting that how could something so small as a virus damage human kind so severely. Now we see tiny insects building cities larger than most humans do. Tiny things add up over time.

So we have to add another theory to the "butterfly effect", maybe we can call it the "aggregated tiny effect".