200+ led project.

M-Nateo

Joined Aug 16, 2009
Hello,

This is my first post here, so hello!

I'm working on an led sign. I have over 200 leds connected in series pairs with a 150Ω resistor. I'm using an Arduino Microcontroller to output to 3 arrays of leds. I'm using an N type mosfet(IRF 510) that uses the logic signal from the arduino to switch the power on and off from the second power source. I have a diagram. the sets of LEDs are representations of much bigger arrays.

The problem is when I output a logic 5+ signal to 1 array they all turn on. I want to be able to activate each of the transistors independently with the 5+ signal from the micro controller. thanks for the help!

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
You have the Mosfets connected backwards. The source should connect to 0V and the drain should connect to the cathode of the lowest LED.

Your circuit does not have a common 0V and I don't know why it has two 9V batteries.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
As audioguru has indicated, your circuit is miswired. When you turn on any one of the mosfets, the negative terminal of your battery is tied to ground and therefore all of the leds are illuminated.

hgmjr