1st candidate for stupidest criminal of the year.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
How about this rioter who not only posted a picture of himself... But also chose the hardest thing on da street to steal. Blud.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
basmati rice, scrait gangsta.

I wonder if the scrap dealer gets to keep the money he made for the alloy. That same thing happened where I work (wire & cable plant). 3 guys didn't make it in to work one day, because they were in jail. Turns out they had been smuggling scrap copper out for long time. Went to the same scrap yard too many times and the guy got suspicious, called the cops. What/how the cops did from that point, but those dudes were gone.

jimkeith

Joined Oct 26, 2011
basmati rice, scrait gangsta.

I wonder if the scrap dealer gets to keep the money he made for the alloy. That same thing happened where I work (wire & cable plant). 3 guys didn't make it in to work one day, because they were in jail. Turns out they had been smuggling scrap copper out for long time. Went to the same scrap yard too many times and the guy got suspicious, called the cops. What/how the cops did from that point, but those dudes were gone.
10 kilos of basmati rice when cooked up would fill a bathtub--add another kilo of curry and you got yourself a FIX!

Same thing happened where I worked--the guys in the transformer shop were stealing new buckets of transformer wire until they had a serious shortage--a spy (young female secretary) was stationed in the dark loft above the shipping dock after hours who caught them in the act--she must have been shaking in her boots! The management was nice and did not press charges for a miserable few hundred $--just told them go go away--I still remember the day I saw them being marched out the door.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Why were they stealing transformer wire?
Its copper. When you set up a big voip network somewhere you actually have to have someone come out to your building and check the quality of the copper wires. Some big companies won't deal with cheap copper, others will cap usage.Theres are 100's of youtube video's of guys going indiana jones on power sub stations. Cutting copper wire and stripping it down. I wouldn't have the ballucks to play with a live power station.

1chance

Joined Nov 26, 2011
When I was a kid, we had supposedly "secret" minuteman missile silos on our farm. (As a result, when my folks built a house in '63, it included a regulation bomb shelter--as if it would have really helped!!) The missiles were removed (in the 70's I think) and the silos abandoned. In recent years, it proved quite profitable to recycle the wiring as it was of the highest quality. I know my brother got several thousand dollars for it. (This was all legal by the way).

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
how much you want for the land with the silos on it?
More so the Pinapple Express one. Did you guys ever see the multi million dollar missle silo's for sale in virginia. It was like 7 miles underground. Crazyness, but you could do some really cool stuff with it. Probably a bioweapons lab now.

1chance

Joined Nov 26, 2011
The government came back and imploded our silos. Wasn't our choice. Everyone was upset thinking that would upset the ground water tables. We (rural people) all use individually drilled wells and Missouri has karst topography (state with the most caves and springs in the US). Many now complain of a sulphur taste/smell but there's no proof that's to blame. We also have more earthquakes now than we used to--can feel at least one almost every year. Makes me want to follow the fracking (sp?) issues going on in Arkansas and elsewhere.