How can I find the maximum data rate of a voltage level translator IC?

hoyyoth

Joined Mar 21, 2020
I am planning to use the NVT2010 (it's already there in our store) in my board for voltage level translation of the Ethernet RMII interface.

We know that the speed of RMII interface is 10/100Mbps. After checking the datasheet, I am not able to reach a conclusion that this IC will support RMII speed or not. In the TI voltage level translators datasheet, the data rate is directly given.

How can I find the data rate of this IC?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I am planning to use the NVT2010 (it's already there in our store) in my board for voltage level translation of the Ethernet RMII interface.

We know that the speed of RMII interface is 10/100Mbps. After checking the datasheet, I am not able to reach a conclusion that this IC will support RMII speed or not. In the TI voltage level translators datasheet, the data rate is directly given.

How can I find the data rate of this IC?
A careful reading of section 7.5 in the datasheet indicates that this will not be a function of the part itself. Rather it will be a function of board layout, rise and fall times which depend on RC time constants of the pullup resistors and total capacitance of the PCB traces. This tells me you won't know the answer until you build a board and test it. I know that is not a very satisfying answer, but maybe an FAE can offer some guidance.