Looking for the reference of a 12 pins circular connector for old Kinesik led panel

ClemM

Joined Apr 19, 2023
Hello all,

I'm looking for the reference of this 12 pins circular connector (see pictures).
It's an old Kinesik led panel. It's a bit different than the current M12 connector standard...

I couldn't find anything myself on internet so if anyone knows this kind of connectors it would help me a lot.

Thanks !

Attachments

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
This looks like an MS (Mil Spec) connector, although I'm not sure if the pin arrangement is standard.

Measure the diameter of the shell, and determine the "shell size" per the below info. Then do a search at Digikey, Mouser or Allied Electronics (maybe the best bet) and drill down starting with "MS circular connector" , the shell size and number of pins. Be sitting down when you do this as the price will be shocking.

If you can find the right connector body, the back shell and contacts may need to be purchased separately.

SmartSelect_20230419_070049_Edge.jpg

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
You need to measure the shell diameter and then go hunting for it. It is a Bayonet Lock connector (3 pins inside outer shell). You may be able to find them in metal or even plastic (cheaper). However, the plastic usually are not Bayonet. I've seen lots of sizes and pin configurations on Ebay. It may be more effective and cheaper to buy a matched 12 pin plug/socket on Ebay or Amazon and replace both ends.
On Ebay, they are often called "Aviation Connectors". That also said, some pin arrangements are not the same...
Also, some are opposite Bayonet, that is the pins are on the socket end and the plug shell has the slots (more common).

Last edited:

ClemM

Joined Apr 19, 2023
Thank you for your replies ! It very looks like these Military / Aviation connectors.
My shell size is 16 (1 inch measured outside the shell) for 12 contacts with a bayonet.
I've been looking on the current military specs and catalogs on mouser, RS, Milnec, Amphenol ... but I found none with the same arrangement. I guess it might be an old version...
Do you have any clue where I could find this ?

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
It could also be metric. A WS24 shell is about 24cm, just a fraction less than one inch. WS24 connectors do come with your pin arrangement, but not sure about bayonet configuration, most seem to be screw on…

ClemM

Joined Apr 19, 2023
It could also be metric. A WS24 shell is about 24cm, just a fraction less than one inch. WS24 connectors do come with your pin arrangement, but not sure about bayonet configuration, most seem to be screw on…
This looks good thanks a lot ! I'm gonna check the specs in details but it's the closest I've seen.