Pellet Stove ATmega128a UA control board wont power on

DBTech7

Joined Apr 21, 2022
I have a Confortbilt HP50 pellet stove that stopped working the other day, my mom unplugged it and plugged it back in (dont ask me why I have no idea lol) anyways the thing wont turn on now. It has two separate boards, one for power supply and distribution to the 120v stove components (heater and fans) everything on that board seems okay, its providing 5v to the control board so I think the problem lies in the controller.

First I tested all the components except the crystals and they all have seemingly normal values, no shorts, no obvious cracks or burn marks.

Then I tried injecting 5v into the board and probed around, voltage readings seem normal.

I have little knowledge of ATmega MCU's, all of my home built projects use esp32's. I'm just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to diagnose this because I'm stuck. I do have a new board on the way but I'd like to figure this one out so I have a spare on hand if I need it.

So far my only ideas are the ATmega 128a is bad or the lcd is bad, because of the heat from the stove. The control board sits as far away as possible from the hot parts but It still might've been enough.

Here's pics of the front and back of the board

Attachments

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Unplugging the power and plugging it back in quickly may have corrupted the software in the ATmega 128a. The new board will include all the the software so as long as there is no problem with the stove hardware or the hardware control circuits, it should get it going again.

DBTech7

Joined Apr 21, 2022
Unplugging the power and plugging it back in quickly may have corrupted the software in the ATmega 128a. The new board will include all the the software so as long as there is no problem with the stove hardware or the hardware control circuits, it should get it going again.
That makes sense, I'll just wait for the new board to show up, thanks for the idea!