Gordon Moore

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
Such guys are legends, Moore did have a good run and a front row seat to some incredible changes. It saddens me a little though that Robert Noyce (62) and Seymour Cray (71) both, died prematurely, particularly Noyce, it would have been fascinating to see what these guys thought during later years.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Such guys are legends, Moore did have a good run and a front row seat to some incredible changes. It saddens me a little though that Robert Noyce (62) and Seymour Cray (71) both, died prematurely, particularly Noyce, it would have been fascinating to see what these guys thought during later years.
I worked across a field from Cray Computer when I first moved to the Springs in 1995 and the place where he had his ultimately-fatal car crash was within walking distance from my home at the time. Our paths crossed a couple times and I had talked him into being the keynote speaker at my CAP unit's upcoming dining-in. I was supposed to meet with him to go over the details, but he had the crash about week prior to the meeting. Interesting guy.