Lfcsp AD8555 programming

Mullins

Joined Dec 31, 2021
Hi, I Need tò program One pressure sensor who is working with Lfcsp AD8555. It's giving me an error. I have always -26bar pressure. Since I have an other working sensor I need to read the good one and write the bad one. I already know this job can be done but I don't know how. I'm able to remove and replace it.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hi, I Need tò program One pressure sensor who is working with Lfcsp AD8555. It's giving me an error. I have always -26bar pressure. Since I have an other working sensor I need to read the good one and write the bad one. I already know this job can be done but I don't know how. I'm able to remove and replace it.
So are you planning to build some kind of fixture that will allow you to read the contents of a device so that you can replicate those settings. Is replication what you want or do you want to be able to calibrate each device according to its needs. Do you understand how the one wire interface works?

Last edited:

Mullins

Joined Dec 31, 2021
The sensor is mounted in one kind of device. Some of this device stop working because the reading of the sensor is wrong. I know that some one is able to repair it. Since I'm sure that the sensor itself is the same (they didn't change it) .... They reprogram the sensor. I just need to program The sensor. I'm not able to understand what the code say but it's no matter. I just copy it from working sensor and write it on broken sensor.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The sensor is mounted in one kind of device. Some of this device stop working because the reading of the sensor is wrong. I know that some one is able to repair it. Since I'm sure that the sensor itself is the same (they didn't change it) .... They reprogram the sensor. I just need to program The sensor. I'm not able to understand what the code say but it's no matter. I just copy it from working sensor and write it on broken sensor.
You still need the means to reprogram the sensor. Do you have that hardware and software?

Mullins

Joined Dec 31, 2021
I have some HW/SW to read and write many kinds of EEPROM and microprocessor. I still need to figured how can I work with this one.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I have some HW/SW to read and write many kinds of EEPROM and microprocessor. I still need to figured how can I work with this one.
I'm going to guess that they will not be of much use unless they can specifically understand and implement the one wire serial protocol used to interrogate and configure the device.

Mullins

Joined Dec 31, 2021
In the car market, most (but not all) of the shop are non able to understand what they are going to do and this is not a big problem. When my grand ma gave me some natural medicine she didn't know the way the medicine is working but she know that the medicine will heal me. In my case I can say the same thing. If I can find a way to read one sensor an then to write on an other I am ok. I fixed a car.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
In the car market, most (but not all) of the shop are non able to understand what they are going to do and this is not a big problem. When my grand ma gave me some natural medicine she didn't know the way the medicine is working but she know that the medicine will heal me. In my case I can say the same thing. If I can find a way to read one sensor an then to write on an other I am ok. I fixed a car.
With that outlook, I don't see how you can possibly fail. So have at it.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
I'm unable to understand the programming device (pag. 20). Datasheet didn't mention "programming device".
No, the datasheet explains the progamming protocol, but you have to translate that into a hardware & software solution. It's quite detailed but actually its mostly about configuring the device to validate (simulate) the settings; but you don't care about that, you just want to replicate what's in the the other device.

The physical interface is simple, all you need is an Arduino Uno...

1679693379097.png

The software is a little more complex... but straightforward if you have a reasonable understanding of 'bit-banging'...

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
The library that @austin944 linked to does the SIMULATE and PROGRAM modes, but oddly doesn't do the READ mode. The code looks good and it similar to what I would have written. Give me a day or so and I'll update it with the READ functions.