Need Help With Choosing LED Driver

soloeng

Joined Jul 6, 2012
Hello,

In post https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/...econd-after-being-dropped-on-its-side.191861/, I tried to fix my broken LED Utility Light (60 LEDS, 52W), without success. So now I am trying to see if I can just replace the LED power supply to get it to work (something small that I can slip into the fixture to the side of the LED strip). The attached pictures are the only information I have on the LED strip itself. I can't find anything on the internet. I tried using a 50W (constant current driver, DC20-36V, 1500mA) LED power supply transformer, but the LEDs only illuminate very dimly, and they are flashing relatively quickly (faster than one second on, one second off, as previously reported in link).

- Is the LED strip damaged? How can I verify this?
- What power supply should I be using?
- Any suggestions (besides "buy a new utility lamp")?

Thanks in advance.

FeitLED1.jpg
FeitLED2.jpg

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
The strip apparently says 94V, so of course a supply limited to 36V isn’t going to work.

I presume there are two such strips, each with 30 LEDs, in which case 94V is about right if all of them are in series. If each is 25W at 94V, the current is 265mA.

To use one driver, you would put them in series and use a driver that can supply that current at 188V.

Juhahoo

Joined Jun 3, 2019
The strip apparently says 94V, so of course a supply limited to 36V isn’t going to work.

I presume there are two such strips, each with 30 LEDs, in which case 94V is about right if all of them are in series. If each is 25W at 94V, the current is 265mA.

To use one driver, you would put them in series and use a driver that can supply that current at 188V.
94V-0 points to UL-94 standard for flammability.

Juhahoo

Joined Jun 3, 2019
Hello,

In post https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/...econd-after-being-dropped-on-its-side.191861/, I tried to fix my broken LED Utility Light (60 LEDS, 52W), without success. So now I am trying to see if I can just replace the LED power supply to get it to work (something small that I can slip into the fixture to the side of the LED strip). The attached pictures are the only information I have on the LED strip itself. I can't find anything on the internet. I tried using a 50W (constant current driver, DC20-36V, 1500mA) LED power supply transformer, but the LEDs only illuminate very dimly, and they are flashing relatively quickly (faster than one second on, one second off, as previously reported in link).

- Is the LED strip damaged? How can I verify this?
- What power supply should I be using?
- Any suggestions (besides "buy a new utility lamp")?

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 289077
View attachment 289078
Is that all what's on the PCB's, LEDs only, or is there anything else, like other electric parts?
You can measure all the LEDs by normal power supply with adjustable current limiter. Set it to around 3 volts and limit the power to like 20mA. Because those are Aluminium PCBs, you can puncture the white solder mask if no tin solders are visible, with a sharp probe and test each LED individually with the previous mentioned power supply.