More information on WX-DC12003, and other cheap power modules from AliExpress

andyenigineerguy

Joined Sep 3, 2017
Hi all,

This post is intended to be a revival of this post from >1 year ago asking the same question by @doesntcompute: https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/looking-for-data-on-wx-dc12003.184237/

Does anyone have - or know where to get - the schematics, or BOM, or board files for these handy little regulators from Aliexpress? So far, I have tested the 12V 300mA variant (link here)

Functionally, it's working very well for me... However I need to explore activating the regulator based on a certain condition (using SHDN pin if available), and also conducting some safety analysis (hence needing to know the BOM). I would really prefer to use these, especially at the price point, but am too conscious of these being sh*tty quality (see attached photo... you get what you pay for I guess )

I've reached out to the AliExpress supplier AGUHAJSU Global purchase Store but have not heard back.

Andy

Attachments

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I think that your best bet is to trace out the PCB and build your own schematic. As far as the BOM that should not be difficult to recreate. It beats waiting for a large Chinese company to consider you worthy of a response.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I don't think the TS wants to duplicate them as much as he wants to evaluate the design for particular features and analyze the safety of the design. In order to evaluate the transformer, he will have to pull if from the board, measure it, and possibly disassemble it. For those prices he could buy a dozen of them and bin the detritus when he is done.

andyenigineerguy

Joined Sep 3, 2017
Thanks for the responses everyone.

@BobTPH that is exactly the point actually! the transformer is more expensive than the whole unit, hence the motivation to try to validate this abnormally cheap design for my purpose.

@Papabravo I agree, creating a schematic would be the logical next step, although I've perhaps answered my own question at this point... The HT2812H does not have an enable/shutdown pin, and the build quality of these guys is unsurprisingly terrible. Transformer soldered at an angle, etc. So

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Thanks for the responses everyone.

@BobTPH that is exactly the point actually! the transformer is more expensive than the whole unit, hence the motivation to try to validate this abnormally cheap design for my purpose.

@Papabravo I agree, creating a schematic would be the logical next step, although I've perhaps answered my own question at this point... The HT2812H does not have an enable/shutdown pin, and the build quality of these guys is unsurprisingly terrible. Transformer soldered at an angle, etc. So
New information always alters the landscape.

Buona fortuna