Snow thrower

beatsal

Joined Jan 21, 2018
I am working on a snow plow to clear snow off my driveway. Is there any way to initially test it without snow.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Snow comes in about 10 varieties.

You can start with popped popcorn. When you’re done with it you can sit back and enjoy the Super Bowl.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I am working on a snow plow to clear snow off my driveway. Is there any way to initially test it without snow.
First answer, No.
After a bit more thinking, I'd have to know your budget. Travel would be involved - lots of travel and shipping the snowblower.
Or, there would be lots of shipping of snow/slush.
Or, there would be lots of snow-making equipment to be shipped. If you live in a warm climate, refrigeration equipment would also be needed.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
You must not get much snow if the project you've shown in other threads is your "snow plow". People plow snow with full size pickup trucks in my area, and sometimes even have trouble doing it. So don't expect much from your light weight contraption.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Go to your local ice skating rink and look for where they dump the snow from their ice resurfacing machine ( Zamboni ). It should be nice wet and heavy snow - especially if it's a warm day.