CB Radio

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
I was looking at this CB Radio.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007B5ZAE...d=3I1O5T8NUMS9E&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it_im

I Called them because I wanted to know something.

They told me go to the WebSite first and if I still need help Call them back.

So I did and I Called them back and they told me they would Send them an E Mail and they can not help me.

Is there any CB Radios like the one I Posted above but that has Phone Support?

Or is this as good as it gets?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
What do you mean by "phone support"?

CB radios pre-date cell phones by many years.
He means a company that makes something and has people available to answer questions by phone. Alexa and Siri were the death of phone support. It is not possible to find any company that has live person phone support.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Try these folks, they are in the CB business and have better prices and service.
Uniden CB Radios For Sale (claysradioshop.com)
Clay has been around a loooong time.

Edit: For a small additional charge, Clays techs will align and maximize a radio for optimum performance much better than the factory defaults (some radios are better than others, ASK for advice on current models). Don't buy all the bells and whistles, most are useless gimmicks. Almost no one uses SSB on CB and most never use any of the channels higher than the original 23 channels.

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I was looking at this CB Radio.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007B5ZAE...d=3I1O5T8NUMS9E&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it_im

I Called them because I wanted to know something.

They told me go to the WebSite first and if I still need help Call them back.

So I did and I Called them back and they told me they would Send them an E Mail and they can not help me.

Is there any CB Radios like the one I Posted above but that has Phone Support?

Or is this as good as it gets?
Who's "them"? Amazon? Uniden?

What did you want to know?

What website did they send you to?

When they told you that "they" would send "them" and E-Mail, who is "they" and who is "them"?

What is required to qualify as being "like" the one you posted?

I think I can sympathize with "them".

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
most never use any of the channels higher than the original 23 channels.
They increased the number of channels to 40 when, it seemed, just about every vehicle had a CB radio and the channels were getting crowded, but now likely not many have one besides truckers, so there's little problem with crowded channels.

Last edited:

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Most of the truckers have gone to 100W illegally modified 10M mobile rigs and cell phones. About all that is left are some ill-mannered, foul-mouthed, ignorant locals still using it around here.

Halfpint786

Joined Feb 19, 2018
About all that is left are some ill-mannered, foul-mouthed, ignorant locals still using it around here.
Thats mostly on the AM channels. If you get on sideband, 37LSB or 38LSB, you are likely to make some contacts with decent people. Yes, there are bad days, but I don't let them ruin it for me. The band has been amazing lately too. We are heading into the peak of the solar cycle and most days having a local conversation is impossible with all the DX coming in.

I usually chat with my friend on 38LSB in the evenings when the band settles down. One night about 4 years ago when the solar cycle was low, my friend and I were talking (northern MN at about 2am) and out of nowhere a group of guys from canada started coming in. There were 5 of them talking to each other on Lake Nipigon and that path between us stayed open for about 2 hours with absolutely nothing else coming in. It was like someone ran a lossless coax from that lake in canada to us, and only us. For those two hours we all took turns talking/sharing stories and not once did the conditions break up (or involve any other region or people). Thats the kind of stuff that keeps me by my radio late at night!

Decent CB'ers are still out there!
2WR786

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I actually much prefer using my ham rig... Much classier group of folks. Before the "CB Craze" things were a lot different on CB. When transistorized CB mobile rigs came along it went nuts.

Halfpint786

Joined Feb 19, 2018
I actually much prefer using my ham rig... Much classier group of folks. Before the "CB Craze" things were a lot different on CB. When transistorized CB mobile rigs came along it went nuts.
I was not around to see the CB craze as I was born in 85', but I can just about imagine how exciting it would have been. I have my general license but it has been quite a while since I used any of the ham bands, even 2m. I used to have an 80m/40m CR dipole in the trees about 15 feet off the ground that would work all sorts of areas but it came down in a storm. I should fix it and put it back up some time.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
It is not likely that you will ever find an honest seller that will provide less product support than Amazon.
In the case of the UNIDEN brand CB radio, the UNIDEN website will be able to provide far better information. Amazon is a reseller of whatever and the only information that they can reliably provide is price and shipping weight. Any additional words they provide are copied off the product literature found in the box with the product.