I need help in designing and configuring my FSM.

Raiden_X

Joined Nov 27, 2022
I need help in designing and configuring my finite state machine. I have done every step of the process to design a 7 story elevator using logic gates, D flip flops, 7 Segment, Encoder, decoder , comparator , clock but I don't know what other additional components I need for the circuit. but I am still not sure how to configure the components to work in the right way.Add the multisim file so you can see what I have assembled. I am student, and I am in the best disposition to learn more about this process. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Many/most members here will not open zip files.

It's going to be difficult for anyone to give you any guidance without a clear understanding of the problem you are trying to solve. Just saying that you are designing a 7-story elevator give almost nothing to go on. In particular, we have no idea how your elevator is supposed to behave. For instance, does your elevator only have a call-button on each floor and then a set of floor buttons in the elevator? Is there both an up and a down button on each floor (except the top and bottom floors)? What level of detail does your design have to get to? Do you have to control the fine positioning of the elevator to ensure it is level with the floor? Do you control the door open and close functionality? Handle fire operation? Have a way to cancel a call? Hold the door open? Close the door early? Do you have to implement logic intended to optimize elevator motion? If so, what is the metric being optimized?

Raiden_X

Joined Nov 27, 2022
Thank you for the reply, the problem im trying to solve is :

Create a machine with a finite state that controls an elevator system. There are seven stories in the building. A transition from level 5 to floor 3 cannot happen magically by skipping floor 4, thus keep in mind that the elevator must move between floors from source floor to destination floor. A key input can lock the system, making it impossible to operate the elevator. Assume that calls are made by pushing the floor-specific button.

Many/most members here will not open zip files.

It's going to be difficult for anyone to give you any guidance without a clear understanding of the problem you are trying to solve. Just saying that you are designing a 7-story elevator give almost nothing to go on. In particular, we have no idea how your elevator is supposed to behave. For instance, does your elevator only have a call-button on each floor and then a set of floor buttons in the elevator? Is there both an up and a down button on each floor (except the top and bottom floors)? What level of detail does your design have to get to? Do you have to control the fine positioning of the elevator to ensure it is level with the floor? Do you control the door open and close functionality? Handle fire operation? Have a way to cancel a call? Hold the door open? Close the door early? Do you have to implement logic intended to optimize elevator motion? If so, what is the metric being optimized?

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So each floor has seven buttons (plus a single lock button somewhere). for a total of 50 inputs? If not, how does your controller know which floor the call is being made from?

If you are designing the control for the elevator, is the simulator for the elevator (i.e., the logic that keeps track of where the elevator is and changes which floor it is on) being provided, or do you have to provide that?

In your first figure, you show that it stays put if x'=0 and it moves if x=1. But if x' means the inverse of x, then these are the same. If it means something else, what does it mean?

What is x and y? Where do those signals come from?