Bee sound generator

prenz69

Joined Aug 25, 2022
Hi,

I need to generate the sound of a bee colony for a project of mine. I searched and found only mosquito, cricket, and bird sound generators. No bee sound generator circuits. Can someone please share their thoughts on this and whether this could be made?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC!

What is the sound of a colony of bees?
I would expect a white noise generator with some frequency adjustments should do the trick.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Hi,

I need to generate the sound of a bee colony for a project of mine. I searched and found only mosquito, cricket, and bird sound generators. No bee sound generator circuits. Can someone please share their thoughts on this and whether this could be made?
There are lots of youtube videos of bee swarms. Download a soundtrack to "Audacity" which is a free audio signal editor. You can then edit the file and make it as long or short as you need. Then you can save it in whatever audio format you prefer for playback.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Bees wings beat around 200Hz, so I would start there with a 555 oscillator and sweep it from 200 to 500 Hz and see which is best.

prenz69

Joined Aug 25, 2022
There are lots of youtube videos of bee swarms. Download a soundtrack to "Audacity" which is a free audio signal editor. You can then edit the file and make it as long or short as you need. Then you can save it in whatever audio format you prefer for playback.
Thank you very much