Reproggraming Chines Microprocessor with Pin outs: RCD<TXD<TM<RSTN<SDA<SCL

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I do not think you can do that. The Arduino platform does not run on an ARM CPU and neither does the ESP32. They are completely different processors from the ARM Cortex which has its own development tools and applications. It seems like might want to do a bit more research on how all of this works.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
You will probably have to obtain the source code from the manufacturer of the product. You might want to contact PHY+ to find out what platform and tools you will need to reprogram the assembly.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
How can I get the source code or reproggram this microprocessor with an Arduino r3 or esp32
There is an open source flasher for that SoC on github, which might be useful. You would need to get the board in flash mode and connect to it. I can give you no help with that.

I do not think you can do that. The Arduino platform does not run on an ARM CPU and neither does the ESP32. They are completely different processors from the ARM Cortex which has its own development tools and applications. It seems like might want to do a bit more research on how all of this works.
I have a couple of SAMDxx ARM Cortex boards that are thoroughly supported in the Arduino IDE, and Arduino’s own Due is ARM Cortex based, along with a few other offerings from them.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I did not know that, but there is nothing special about the Atmel platform that was used in the original Duemilanove (2009). good to know.
Yes, more architectures are now supported including the new RP2040 Raspberry Pi MCU and Nordic nRF52 chips, and many boards that use various architectures have definitions. More keep getting added.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Turns out you can get a toolkit from the manufacturer but unfortunately. all the documentation seems to be in Chinese. So unless you speak the language you will have to slog through which seems possible but difficult.

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Turns [removed broken link text] from the manufacturer but unfortunately. all the documentation seems to be in Chinese. So unless you speak the language you will have to slog through which seems possible but difficult.
Your link appears to be broken. At least that is what it looks like in North Central Florida.
In fact it looks like a string with embedded spaces as opposed to a URL.

Last edited:

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Your link appears to be broken. At least that is what it looks like in North Central Florida.
In fact it looks like a string with embedded spaces as opposed to a URL.
Thanks for pointing that out! Fixed in the original post. Could you edit your post to unlink the text to avoid confusion?

Turns out I somehow copied the selected text I wanted to add the link to and didn't notice when I pasted.