Spice Model of AP7330

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where I can find a spice model of AP7330?
AP7330 (Low Dropout Regulators (LDOs)) (diodes.com)

thank you with best regards
Here are my top 3 suggestions
  1. Manufacturer's website
  2. @Bordodynov http://bordodynov.ltwiki.org/ "Additional library for LTspice, file is lib.zip ≈ 20M [I checked - it is not here]
  3. Archive of the LTspice group at groups,io https://groups.io/g/LTspice/topics [I checked here as well and no luck]
Strong evidence that it might not exist. Do you have any reason to suspect that it does exist?

somaye2022

Joined Mar 23, 2022
Here are my top 3 suggestions
  1. Manufacturer's website
  2. @Bordodynov http://bordodynov.ltwiki.org/ "Additional library for LTspice, file is lib.zip ≈ 20M [I checked - it is not here]
  3. Archive of the LTspice group at groups,io https://groups.io/g/LTspice/topics [I checked here as well and no luck]
Strong evidence that it might not exist. Do you have any reason to suspect that it does exist?
Thank you for your reply,
No, I haven't found it already after a lot of searching. But my boss told me to check if AP7330 is a good choice for the low noise voltage reference also could be!

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Thank you for your reply,
No, I haven't found it already after a lot of searching. But my boss told me to check if AP7330 is a good choice for the low noise voltage reference also could be!
So your plan would be to use one of these for each of the output voltages 2.2V, 2.5V, and 2.6V from a 4.7V input.
The worst case power dissipation would be the 2.2V output. So (4.7-2.2)*20 mA = 50 mW. What would be the temperature rise over ambient for a SOT-25 package dissipating that amount of power?

Answer: 179 °C/W means 0.050*(179) ≈ 9° rise over ambient, which might be OK if ambient is less than 50 °C

Last edited:

somaye2022

Joined Mar 23, 2022
So your plan would be to use one of these for each of the output voltages 2.2V, 2.5V, and 2.6V from a 4.7V input.
The worst case power dissipation would be the 2.2V output. So (4.7-2.2)*20 mA = 50 mW. What would be the temperature rise over ambient for a SOT-25 package dissipating that amount of power?

Answer: 179 °C/W means 0.050*(179) ≈ 9° rise over ambient, which might be OK if ambient is less than 50 °C
first of all, Thank you very much for your helpful reply and your point of view. I haven't seen and considered this OP regarding temperature; I will learn so much in this Forum even though I was an excellent Master's Student. I think that I haven't yet had a good point of view and experience in designing a circuit.

second of all, I haven't yet decided about that, and I don't have any plans for AP7330 until now. Although my boss admires me for the design of the reference voltage with LT1389, he told me I could compare that with this LDO AP7330, and after that, I should have decided which one is more reasonable. The problem is, I haven't found until now the Spice Model of that. And I didn't know the other ways respectively; how could I compare these two designs together in such a situation to make the best decision for our camera sensor Board?

Edit: Another question about AP7330 is the noise characteristic, - The output noise of AP7330, according to the datasheet, is 60uVrms for the range of 10kHz-100kHz, VOUT = 1.0V, IOUT = 30mA. Compared to the design with LT1389 with LT4661-2 regarding the noise simulation in LTspice, the output noise of LDO AP7330 is so high, am I right? Or I have that incorrect interpreter?

Thank you again. With the best regards

Last edited:

somaye2022

Joined Mar 23, 2022

Attachments

Last edited:

somaye2022

Joined Mar 23, 2022

Attachments

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I don't know what the problem is but, my symbol from @Bordodynov's library looks different. Why is that?

1653664359959.png

As you can see that resistor combination from the datasheet gives the expected result. I suggest you check the spice netlist order on your symbol to see that it matches the subcircuit file you are using. I have annotated my example.

Attachments

Last edited:

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
thank you for your reply. I tried to simulate AP2127, but it didn't come out with the correct output voltage of 2.5V. If i pull the shutdown pin to vin, will the output be enabled, or? I think there is something wrong with enable PIN 3. Do you know where I should connect PIN 3?
with best Regards
P.S: AP2127 (diodes.com)
The shutdown pin should be pulled high to enable the output.

Change the .trans simulation time to 300ms.

1653667713196.png

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I have already used the model from diodes.com, https://www.diodes.com/spice/download/5/AP2127.spice.txt,
I don't know where the problem is!
Could you please send me the spice model that you simulated? I couldn't find this spice model from @Bordodynov,

Thank you with best regards.
It is in his library @ C:\Users\%username%\Documents\LTspiceXVII\lib\sym\ZZZ\VolReg\AP2127_ADJ.asy
The symbol specifies the subcircuit file @ C:\Users\%username%\Documents\LTspiceXVII\lib\sub\AP2127_ADJ.sub

You will have to adjust the connection between the symbol and the subcircuit appropriately. I suggest putting both the symbol and the subcircuit in the folder with your schematic

Attachments