H bridge output having both ac and dc values .

Jedd09

Joined Nov 25, 2021
I am working on an inverter project battery supply is 30v spwm at 16khz, with 50hz . my hbrige output when tested with LEDs Connected back to back with one 2.2k resistor both LEDs light up but am having 15v ac output and 14.5v DC output also shouldn't my output just b ac alone at 30v ? Pls can someone explain to me

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
From the small amount of information you provided, we could make many wild guesses but I doubt whether any of them would be of any value. Is there any chance you could give us a few clues, like a circuit diagram and voltages at indicated test points?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I am working on an inverter project battery supply is 30v spwm at 16khz, with 50hz . my hbrige output when tested with LEDs Connected back to back with one 2.2k resistor both LEDs light up but am having 15v ac output and 14.5v DC output also shouldn't my output just b ac alone at 30v ? Pls can someone explain to me
The answer to all such questions is that it depends on what we are talking about. There is not a single standard scheme for building an inverter. If SPWM is involved, the output should look like a series of pulses with a varying duty cycle. If you decompose this signal via a Fourier analysis you will discover that it consists of a fundamental frequency with a great deal of harmonic content. If you run that signal through a low pass filter the sinusoidal nature of the fundamental frequency will become evident. A schematic of what you have designed so far will be a big help.