Frequency Range 4046 Proteus ..#2

Yud0111

Joined May 20, 2022
Yes I use this part.

In real life on breadboard I make the circuit with C1 and so a Fo of 14kHz.
The low pass filter on the circuit above is not good for a modulation of 400Hz becaus the Fc of the low pass filter is around 159Hz.
So I modify my Signal In FM og 14kHz with modulation of 100Hz.
The demodulation works great and I obtaine my 100Hz in modulation on pin 10.

For the simulation I finally discover what is frequency range and what is frequency offset:
- Frequency offset is: Fmin
- Frequency Range is: Fmax

For this observation I only used the VCO. I modify the voltage on VCO In and look at the frequency on VCO out. In the same time in Propreties I modify Frequency Range and Frequency offset. When i put the voltage at 0V(Fmin), i have on VCO Output the value of frequency offset(1kHz). When i put the voltage of VDD(here i choose 5V), i have on VCO Output the value of frequency Range(600kHz).
View attachment 244044
BUT despite of that the output of demodulation is not ok like in real life.

If anyone have the answer, he is welcome.
I look at on the internet and lot of people are asking what is frequency range and frequency offset on PROTEUS.
The response is here !
- Frequency offset is: Fmin
- Frequency Range is: Fmax
Hello, i'm trying to simulate the same schematic as yours by Proteus with a FM signal which has 0.5V amplitude, using 10kHz carrier frequency and 100Hz modulation signal.

Mod:link to old thread.
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/frequency-range-4046-proteus.180669/post-1651147
1653201570899.png
But instead of receive a 100Hz sine wave at pin 10, the output is a triangle wave with 10Khz frequency and the amplitude is much smaller than the original FM signal.
1653201470992.png
Can you please take a look to see what i'm missing in my simulation.

Last edited by a moderator: