Tunnel alert system for vehicles

rt694157

Joined Dec 15, 2019
There is a 3 km underground tunnel into which vehicles can either go or come one time because there is only one track. That is why two lights were given at each entry point so that the driver would know that he has to enter. If the signal is red he will stop and if it is green he will enter the tunnel I do not understand how to develop such a system.

I found on internet RFID technology can be use, each vehicle will have a unique tag that the reader will scan and send data to control room

Take a look at attached documents

I would appreciate your further thoughts on this

1652283809676.png

Moderator's note: A picture is always a good idea, but we don't need 8 megabyte images for simple pen drawings :)

Last edited by a moderator:

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Any thing that needs to be attached to each Car is not going to be practical.

You will need sensors in the Tunnel that detect Vehicle-presence and direction of travel,
as well as a Vehicle-detector for the "Waiting-Area" at both entrances.

This can easily be done using the present, and well known systems,
designed for controlling Traffic-Lights at large intersections.

rt694157

Joined Dec 15, 2019
Is this homework?
No
This can easily be done using the present, and well known systems,
designed for controlling Traffic-Lights at large intersections.
Sensors can be used to detect the vehicle but it is difficult to identify each and every vehicles that's why I chose RFID for identification. After identifying each vehicle, its record will be store in the database in the control room.So when there are two tags nearby, the vehicles outside will be waiting.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
No

Sensors can be used to detect the vehicle but it is difficult to identify each and every vehicles that's why I chose RFID for identification. After identifying each vehicle, its record will be store in the database in the control room.So when there are two tags nearby, the vehicles outside will be waiting.
What is the requirement to identify the vehicles? I don't see it in your original post? What will you do with the ID?

rt694157

Joined Dec 15, 2019
What is the requirement to identify the vehicles? I don't see it in your original post? What will you do with the ID?
I missed this point in the original post.

This is the requirements of the client and they want to keep the data of whatever vehicle is passing through the tunnel.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
This would require that ANY Vehicle,
in order to enter the Tunnel,
would already have to be known to the "Client",
and supplied with a transponder to attach to their Car.

This plan sounds terribly fishy.

Is this "Tunnel" a "Public-Thoroughfare", or "Public-Street" ?,
or is it owned by a "Private-Owner" ?

Does your "Client" actually OWN the Tunnel ?,
or do they just want to "spy" on people ?

rt694157

Joined Dec 15, 2019
Does your "Client" actually OWN the Tunnel ?,
or do they just want to "spy" on people ?
client is the owner of the tunnel. I cannot share client details as it is confidential.

There is only one track and there are multiple entry exit points, the customer wants to collect the data of all the vehicles and wants no vehicle to collide because there is only one track.

I don't have any idea how to design such a system, so I found that RFID can be used in the system.

What do you think would be good to use RFID? Or do you have anything else in mind to suggest?

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Some US states are using license plate numbers. Camera and image to text conversion. Text is added to a database and the toll system pulls the license plate owner's contact info and a bill is mailed to them if they don't have easy pass or similar system.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Some US states are using license plate numbers. Camera and image to text conversion. Text is added to a database and the toll system pulls the license plate owner's contact info and a bill is mailed to them if they don't have easy pass or similar system.
Down here, in all roads where one lane is under repair, the decision of who proceeds and who waits is managed by two guys comunnicated with handy. They mention model and plate number of the last authorized to pass. Once this cleared the restricted section, the other knows he can send his own lot ahead.