Trying to find a solution, for 3 non wired sensors in a 2 Meter X 2 Meter area

JAshop

Joined Feb 25, 2022
I am trying to solve this question and thought this might be a good place to ask. If not a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

Can you put a minimum of 3 non wired sensors in a 2 Meter X 2 Meter area (virtual box) and have them be able to report their position to a receiver?
The receiver would be bluetooth, but I have been told in years past the sensors would most likely need to be RF.

How accurate would that position be in centimeters?

drjohsmith

Joined Dec 13, 2021
I am trying to solve this question and thought this might be a good place to ask. If not a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

Can you put a minimum of 3 non wired sensors in a 2 Meter X 2 Meter area (virtual box) and have them be able to report their position to a receiver?
The receiver would be bluetooth, but I have been told in years past the sensors would most likely need to be RF.

How accurate would that position be in centimetres?
Bluetooth is wireless

Accuracy depends upon the protocol you create, the integration time, the amount the devices can talk to each other, and the reference you use, can be down to a mm or less but it wont be fast , like a few seconds per measurement,

They could only report there position relative to a datum,
so if you had "markers" around , then easy, if you have to use say GPS, it will be a good few 100 of mm error, even with differential GPS.

But , it wont be easy ,

The more references you can provide, the less chance of errors,

Its way to complex a project for us on the forums to design for you

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Bluetooth = RF = wireless
That is the medium of communication.

Determining location is a different issue. GPS does not provide fine resolution. You would need sonar, laser, IR, triangulation, imaging, etc. in order to refine location and resolution.