182t frame interchange?

harvey b

Joined Dec 26, 2012
Hi All,have a atlas copco compressor,it had a 7.5 1 phase motor on it,it blew up the other day.i cant seem to find one the same,it was a baldor unit with a 182t frame,3400 rpm,208-230 volts,it was apparently specially made for this unit,my question is what othe frame sizes would interchange?,a 184t ? i am not an electrician,i run a bodyshop,this is the shop compressor,unit is out of warranty,dont care what make or size,seems to be lots of room to mount it on top of tank,not against reaming a few holes ?, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Harvey

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Check out the table toward the end of this PDF. It has all the dimensions for the different frames. Figure out which dimensions you have a little play with, and see what other frames might work for you. I'm guessing your most flexible parameter will be mounting footprint, as you can probably drill different holes in the plate. Followed by shaft size, if you're keen on replacing the pulley or even just having the center opened up a bit on a lathe.

harvey b

Joined Dec 26, 2012
Hi there,thanks for the info,i am going with a 184t,it is the closest to what i had,my old 182t was drilled the same as a 184t?,it had 2 sets of holes on the bottom,also my compressor mounting plate has 7 different slots to use a bunch of different motors?,i am not an electrician so this is all new to me,thanks Harvey