Can you make a two stage interval timer with sound and an LED for me?

Snagmatism

Joined Nov 2, 2021
Looking for someone to make this timer. I just need it personally for a process I do with a machine. Will pay for time and materials if it's not too high a cost. I want a two stage interval timer circuit with a simple sound and/or LED, that loops forever.

1. The timing loop is four sets of 7 seconds followed by 14 seconds - with adjustable timing. There is no numeric display, so no clock chip is really needed, unless Arduino is involved, which is sort of overkill.
  2. A soft meditative GONG (or soft beep) plays at the beginning (or end) of each segment.
  3. The sound, or soft beep and/or LED lasts roughly 1/2 to 1 second - not critical.
  4. Runs on any DC voltage - does not matter.
  5. For flexible mounting, put the LED light on a 12" long pair of fine wires.
  6. A nice feature would be to have the LED light up on each Gong sound.
  7. Have a manual on/off button to disable the sound/speaker.
  8. The sound/speaker size does not matter. Preferably not a harsh sound like a piezo if a beep is used - gong sound preferred.
  9. No fancy packaging needed.

The infinite looping cycle looks like this:

Gong Gong Gong Gong Gong
| (7 seconds) | (7 seconds) | (7 seconds) | (7 seconds) | (14 seconds)

Potentiometers and/or the timing ranges:
If pots are used, the 7 and 14 second cycles are adjustable by two potentiometers. Once set, these timings will not be adjusted very often, so a small trimmer pot would be OK. It's not critical the seconds range of each pot, but my most probable use for the 7 second period is around the 4 to 10 second range. The 14 second cycle I might use mostly in the 9 to 16 second range. The turn range of the potentiometer should be sufficient that I can adjust in say 1/4 second intervals at least, fairly easily. It's all relative to my process, no accurate clock display is needed.

ElectricSpidey

Joined Dec 2, 2017
Do you need somebody to actually build this, or are you just looking for a schematic and BOM?

You can put something together with prebuilt parts, adafruit has a nice triggerable audio module, and you could find an interval timer and supply easily.

Snagmatism

Joined Nov 2, 2021
Do you need somebody to actually build this, or are you just looking for a schematic and BOM?

You can put something together with prebuilt parts, adafruit has a nice triggerable audio module, and you could find an interval timer and supply easily.
I am wanting someone to build this. I don't have time and my skills are decades old.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Looking for someone to make this timer. I just need it personally for a process I do with a machine. Will pay for time and materials if it's not too high a cost. I want a two stage interval timer circuit with a simple sound and/or LED, that loops forever.

1. The timing loop is four sets of 7 seconds followed by 14 seconds - with adjustable timing. There is no numeric display, so no clock chip is really needed, unless Arduino is involved, which is sort of overkill.
  2. A soft meditative GONG (or soft beep) plays at the beginning (or end) of each segment.
  3. The sound, or soft beep and/or LED lasts roughly 1/2 to 1 second - not critical.
  8. The sound/speaker size does not matter. Preferably not a harsh sound like a piezo if a beep is used - gong sound preferred.

Gong Gong Gong Gong Gong

If pots are used, the 7 and 14 second cycles are adjustable by two potentiometers. Once set, these timings will not be adjusted very often, so a small trimmer pot would be OK. It's not critical the seconds range of each pot, but my most probable use for the 7 second period is around the 4 to 10 second range. The 14 second cycle I might use mostly in the 9 to 16 second range. The turn range of the potentiometer should be sufficient that I can adjust in say 1/4 second intervals at least, fairly easily. It's all relative to my process, no accurate clock display is needed.
I don't think I've ever seen a successful pitch of that nature in the 15+ years I have been on this site. People posting requirements have a great deal of entusiasm, but the takers have been few and far between, and the roars of appluase have been stillborn. Money is always one of the big issues. Our time is usually worth more to us than you think it is, and therin lies the problem.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Just out of curiosity, what were you hoping this would cost? Would you be surprised if you offered $1000 and there was no one interested?

Bob

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013

Gong Gong Gong Gong Gong

You could use something like this and chain them together.

https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-R...35889552&sprefix=timer+module,aps,143&sr=8-26

Snagmatism

Joined Nov 2, 2021

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Looks like a goo cheap possibility. I was trying to avoid spending time myself personally building it, I am slow and rusty on my skills. But in the end, I might have to do it.
It would be simple to do. You'll need a 12V wall wart as a power supply and a 12V gong and LED.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
You are not likely to find a timer that does four intervals st 7 seconds followed by one at 14.

You might get someone to write you a phone that does it.

Bob