looking for DC motor dual driver of 30A each,

ThePanMan

Joined Mar 13, 2020
A 30 amp motor is no small motor. Dual? What is that? Dual shaft? Dual directional? In general, a motor that big is going to typically have at least an armature winding. It MAY have stator windings as well. If it has stator windings then it is probably not bi-directional. If it has permanent magnets for a stator then it can be run in either direction, based on which way round you hook up power. Positive on one lead (neg on the other) and it will turn in one direction. Reverse the leads, Negative on the one lead (pos on the other) and it will turn in the opposite direction.

Sounds like you're looking for something the size of an automotive fan motor, or bigger. That'll likely have a lot of torque.

At this point we're just guessing. You need to give us a bit more information. If you're looking for a bi-directional motor that can run on 130VDC (Yes, Volts Direct Current) then find an old treadmill motor. They typically have permanent magnet motors and are driven with up to 130 volts DC.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I am GUESSING that the application has two motors, and that the label gives 30 amps as the full load current at some voltage. But since no voltage is specified no suggestions will be made. A 12 volt 30 amp motor could be the A/C blower motor in a medium sized car, while a 250 volt 30 amp motor could spin a large industrial lathe, or a number of different large applications, it would be about a ten horsepower motor. So it might even be the drive motors of some electric vehicle.

Last edited:

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
A 30 amp motor is no small motor. Dual? What is that? Dual shaft? Dual directional? In general, a motor that big is going to typically have at least an armature winding. It MAY have stator windings as well. If it has stator windings then it is probably not bi-directional. If it has permanent magnets for a stator then it can be run in either direction, based on which way round you hook up power. Positive on one lead (neg on the other) and it will turn in one direction. Reverse the leads, Negative on the one lead (pos on the other) and it will turn in the opposite direction.

Sounds like you're looking for something the size of an automotive fan motor, or bigger. That'll likely have a lot of torque.

At this point we're just guessing. You need to give us a bit more information. If you're looking for a bi-directional motor that can run on 130VDC (Yes, Volts Direct Current) then find an old treadmill motor. They typically have permanent magnet motors and are driven with up to 130 volts DC.
The driver used to drive two 30A dc motor for a small car.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
30 amps at some unknown voltage is a bit much for an RC vehicle, unless it is a serious race car. And I would not ever consider using an arduino to control a car that a person could ride in. There is a place for toys and a car is not that place.
A "dual bridge rectifier" is not part of a battery drive system. There are bridge controllers, maybe even dual bridge controllers, available, but there is much more to a motor controller than just the final bridge driver assembly.
It would have produced useful answers much sooner if the post included what the rest of the system would consist of, what functions it was supposed to provide, what the supply voltage would be and what te intended power source was. That is to say, let us know about what has already been selected, what it is intended to do, and possibly how big it could be..

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
30 amps at some unknown voltage is a bit much for an RC vehicle, unless it is a serious race car. And I would not ever consider using an arduino to control a car that a person could ride in. There is a place for toys and a car is not that place.
A "dual bridge rectifier" is not part of a battery drive system. There are bridge controllers, maybe even dual bridge controllers, available, but there is much more to a motor controller than just the final bridge driver assembly.
It would have produced useful answers much sooner if the post included what the rest of the system would consist of, what functions it was supposed to provide, what the supply voltage would be and what te intended power source was. That is to say, let us know about what has already been selected, what it is intended to do, and possibly how big it could be..
Thanks.
I used 12 /24 DC.
actually, I ordered this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32728776675.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dAQ5Fcm
and will order this one soon:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/182...ea123cd2-5&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"17619662119"}

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
What I can tell you with certainty is that none of the connections to either of those circuit boards are suitable for 100 amps, and probably not even suitable for thirty amps in a continuous condition. Those power terminals do not appear to be large enough for over #12 wire, which will get fairly hot carrying 50 amps, and rather quite warm at 30 amps.
So good lucj, and I hope that you get some connection information with those drivers.