MC68HC908GR5CFAO Anyone found one of these? it's a Motorola flash micro.

TonyS_OK

Joined Sep 12, 2021
Hi guys,

I just joined your forum, and there is a lot of awesome talent here! I'm always happy to see people helping people.

I have a question about this IC, MC68HC908GR5CFAO. I know it's a Motorola flash micro. I can find a few references to 68HC908GR online, but the difference that I'm running into the GR5 portion. There are similar numbers, GR4 and GR8 but no 5. Has anyone seen this before or know of any documents for it?
I apologize that I don't have any photos. I live in Oklahoma, and my step-father lives in Florida with a repair shop. So I don't have access to it at the moment. I know this came off of a daughter board inside of a telecom chassis power supply.

Thank you for your time.
Tony

TonyS_OK

Joined Sep 12, 2021
Hi MrChips, thanks for the reply. I'm looking for a data sheet or documentation that would help me understand the different programing areas, ie Flash, Flash2, EEPROM, etc. I'm not familiar enough with these guys, but I am trying to learn all that I can about them. I know the further down the part number you go, it breaks out the specs.(soft of) If I'm understanding this correctly, then GR is the series, and 5C would be ROM size? As I said above, these are coming out of power supplies that we are trying to repair, and we suspect (at least a few) might be related to this guy. Ultimately, I'm looking for a replacement chip with similar enough specs. Any books, docs, websites would be appreciated. I don't mind doing my homework, but I've spent a lot of time searching and not really finding a whole lot of info about it. Thanks!

TonyS_OK

Joined Sep 12, 2021
That's awesome, thank you.

I did see that PDF from NXP, but I thought I was looking for GR5 not GR8. haha
I should have a chip in hand mid-week and can try to verify that number.

Thanks again.