Time operations on signals. e.g Time scaling, Time shifting of signal and Time reversal of a signal

santlal

Joined Jan 14, 2020
I am beginner to use ltspice simulator.
I am trying to perform time scale, time shifting and time reversal operation an a signal using ltspice. But not able to perform it.

For clarity of question I am attaching jpeg file
Please guide me.

Thank you.

Attachments

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi S,
This LTS sim shows your original signal being Recorded and Replayed.
One problem encountered is that LTS when 'waving' limits the voltage excursion to +/-1V.

For the purpose of the Demo I have scaled the org1/2 for Recording and for replay scaled *2

This limit could be a problem. will check to see if there is a fix.

E

Updated: Tidied the sims and names.

ESP_ 602 Jul. 17 09.17.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
@ericgibbs I am confused... The title is 'time scaling... ' nothing to do with volts?

@santlal In your picture the voltages all appear the same, but only the 2nd and 3rd timings are stretched by 2. Was the first meant to be stretched from 10mS to 20mS as well? How have you tried to use LTS? Do you have a .asc file?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Irving,
I am confused... The title is 'time scaling... ' nothing to do with volts?

I know that, but I am checking the feasibility of the wav method, one step at a time.;)

The asc files are in my post, please run and edit as you wish, post your results

E

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
hi Irving,
I am confused... The title is 'time scaling... ' nothing to do with volts?

I know that, but I am checking the feasibility of the wav method, one step at a time.;)

The asc files are in my post, please run and edit as you wish, post your results

E
Fair enough. I learnt something - never used LTS to replay simulations so never encountered what sounds like a major limitation!

I was referring to the TS's asc files of how they've tried to do the time stretching...

santlal

Joined Jan 14, 2020
@ericgibbs I am confused... The title is 'time scaling... ' nothing to do with volts?

@santlal In your picture the voltages all appear the same, but only the 2nd and 3rd timings are stretched by 2. Was the first meant to be stretched from 10mS to 20mS as well? How have you tried to use LTS? Do you have a .asc file?
Sir, I drew with pen and paper. yes 10ms to 20ms. Thinking how this can be done in LTS.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi santial.
This is one option.
You have a library of wav file known waveforms.
To create a modified On/Off period for a 'waveform' you a want to modify, you call the required library wav file.
It is clumsy, but it is a starting point.

E
ESP_ 603 Jul. 17 12.27.png