Recently happening Captcha occurs often here

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
I want to see a thread but instead get a full page about doing a Captcha and buying a Cloudfare Privacy program that it says is needed to avoid the Captcha. It says to scan for Malware which my pc does all the time anyway and finds nothing. It occurs only here in All About Circuits.

Does anybody else get this?

hexreader

Joined Apr 16, 2011
Yes, regularly, but not consistently.

I just click on bookmark a second or third time and the captcha screen does not appear.

Annoying, but I just accept it

No problems on other forums

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Yea, there are some false positives with Cloudflare's Firewall/Bot/Hacker detection, unfortunately. It should only be sporadic if it does happen. I have a ticket open with them to see if there's anything that can be done to reduce the false positives. With the recent uptick in hacks globally, I've chosen to increase the security settings on Cloudflare and the false positives are one side effect.

I have a bookmark that goes right to the classic forum page bypassing the Orange Julius part.
That's great but this has nothing to do with the forum theme one selects.

> buying a Cloudfare Privacy program
Nothing is for sale or costs money from an end-user perspective, I'm not entirely sure what this is about.

One option for this website and others is to install Privacy Pass add-on for your browser- https://privacypass.github.io/

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Yea, there are some false positives with Cloudflare's Firewall/Bot/Hacker detection, unfortunately. It should only be sporadic if it does happen. I have a ticket open with them to see if there's anything that can be done to reduce the false positives. With the recent uptick in hacks globally, I've chosen to increase the security settings on Cloudflare and the false positives are one side effect.

That's great but this has nothing to do with the forum theme one selects.

> buying a Cloudfare Privacy program
Nothing is for sale or costs money from an end-user perspective, I'm not entirely sure what this is about.

One option for this website and others is to install Privacy Pass add-on for your browser- https://privacypass.github.io/
Yes, but it might have to do with the path one takes to get to where they want to go.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Did it a while ago - didn't help

Got used to just accepting it as a "feature" of this forum
It's getting worse :(
Almost unusable from UK
Just to I understand about the usability - Is it 'unusable' because it's hitting almost every pageview or each day or ?? -- Just want to relay as much information as possible to their support team

I'd suggest filling them out if they do show up as annoying as it may be, otherwise it will likely train the machine learning that you are a 'bot'.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Also, not sure if this is somehow related, when pasting pictures to a comment it now seems to take quite a bit longer than before?

ZCochran98

Joined Jul 24, 2018
I've recently been getting that cloudflare thing, though not yet on this site. I've seen a bunch of instances recently, on iOS Safari and Win10 Firefox both. It's kind of weird and annoying.

Edit: just noted what others have commented after doing some research of my own. It does seem likely that the false positives have spiked due to Cloudflare upping their security due to the uptick of malware/ransomware attacks recently.

Last edited:

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Yes, refreshing the page usually gets rid of the Captcha but is a nuisance.
The photos on the Captcha are so small that I fail every time.

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
On my Android phone I get the Captcha about 40% of the time when advancing pages. So far I've only had to hit the back button and try again.