Oops! We ran into some problems.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
In the mail logs, I see this:

1623021164554.png

You may need to mark some older messages as 'not spam' ? Your mail provider is rejecting the emails.

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
Out of interest ,
I have the same problem,

I have not marked any emails as spam, and they do not occur in my spam box,
BUT
I do note that the people I use to bounce emails around have added strict filters recently
i.e. google, virgin media, Microsoft 365

it could be that the messages are routed through one of these and they are filtering your domain,

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I, too, have not marked AAC email as spam. Nor have I set "Rules" to reject AAC messages. I get notifications about webcasts and such but mostly - and I said "MOSTLY" I don't get notified about replies. Once in a while I will get one. That negates any filtering of any kind because one in a hundred or so - I get a notification.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
I, too, have not marked AAC email as spam. Nor have I set "Rules" to reject AAC messages. I get notifications about webcasts and such but mostly - and I said "MOSTLY" I don't get notified about replies. Once in a while I will get one. That negates any filtering of any kind because one in a hundred or so - I get a notification.
Hi there,

Your email was marked as receiving a complaint back in Sept 20. I've removedit from the supression list so you should start receiving mail again!

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
jrap really? What sort of complaint? From another user? Another member of AAC? I'm confused. Please PM me and let me know if I've offended someone. Would seem I may owe someone an apology. But I don't see why if I offended someone I would stop getting email notifications. Wouldn't I rather have my offending post removed and be issued a warning? And why would I sometimes get notification on rare occasions whereas most of the time I don't get them?

Just checked my email and I see I received notification that you replied on this thread. So whatever you did - it's working. Thanks. Still, a PM would be appreciated so I can fix what I may have been doing wrong.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
jrap really? What sort of complaint? From another user? Another member of AAC? I'm confused. Please PM me and let me know if I've offended someone. Would seem I may owe someone an apology. But I don't see why if I offended someone I would stop getting email notifications. Wouldn't I rather have my offending post removed and be issued a warning? And why would I sometimes get notification on rare occasions whereas most of the time I don't get them?

Just checked my email and I see I received notification that you replied on this thread. So whatever you did - it's working. Thanks. Still, a PM would be appreciated so I can fix what I may have been doing wrong.
To avoid any confusion the 'complaint' has nothing to do with users on AAC. It's if you mark an email from us as Spam, which you possibly did by accident?

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
To avoid any confusion the 'complaint' has nothing to do with users on AAC. It's if you mark an email from us as Spam, which you possibly did by accident?
Can't imagine making that mistake - but anything's possible. I have a "Junk" folder that "Spam" gets redirected to, so I should have seen it there.

Speaking of "Spam" I keep getting messages from *****@dnsmedomain.com. Keep setting my "Rules" to automatically delete those messages when they come in. Somehow it manages sometimes to delete those messages. I try every possible combination that won't block OTHER messages but I keep running into the same issue. However, these Junk messages redirect to my junk folder straight away. So if I DID mark something as spam it would have gone to the junk folder.

Now that I think of it - I might be recollecting a case where something went to my junk folder from AAC. But all's working now, so thank you very much for your help.

'av'a g'day mate.

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
so Have I ben marked as making a complaint or receiving a complaint against us
would be nice if I received an email notification you were now blocking notifications if it was true,

Would also be a little bit like a first amendment breach if we were given the chance to see the complaint and make an appeal to an independent panel,

Would also be limiting to the forum if it was generally realised that anyone could have email notification removed for commenting to the admins without appeal,

Remember admins, the only way to contact you directly about a post is to raise a "complaint"
you have no flag to admins button,
so even if I was worried about how a person was being treated, and I flagged it to admins, I would be marked as not to receive email notifications !!

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
so Have I ben marked as making a complaint or receiving a complaint against us
would be nice if I received an email notification you were now blocking notifications if it was true,

Would also be a little bit like a first amendment breach if we were given the chance to see the complaint and make an appeal to an independent panel,

Would also be limiting to the forum if it was generally realised that anyone could have email notification removed for commenting to the admins without appeal,

Remember admins, the only way to contact you directly about a post is to raise a "complaint"
you have no flag to admins button,
so even if I was worried about how a person was being treated, and I flagged it to admins, I would be marked as not to receive email notifications !!
There seems to be some confusion. The complaint was in the area of email. Something was marked as spam. When that happens, AAC stops sending email to the address (or mail server) that says it is spam. This is just being a good netizen and avoiding issues with unsolicited commercial email and the law.

It's not a complaint about the user, nor even a complaint by the user necessarily. If something blacklists AAC, the mail stops going to the domain to avoid a general outage because of ending up in a DNSBL (anti spam list) or the like.

@jrap, please correct me if I have this wrong.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
This has __NOTHING__ to do with your AAC account, your interactions with other members, or the posts you've made. We use a service called Mailgun for sending email, and they will automatically add a user to a supression list if that email address, or that email addresse's mail server marks a message as spam (by accident or on purpose).