LTspice probe visability

odm4286

Joined Sep 20, 2009
Hello everyone,

Spending some time learning LTspice and one thing that drives me crazy is that probes disappear as soon as you click a net. Is there any way to keep them visible so I can reference which plot is which? NetIDs help but visible probes would be much better IMO.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Tough rockos. I always label my nets so I can identify traces on waveforms when I print them. It is never a problem when you do that.
Next, I suppose that you're going to complain about the price.

odm4286

Joined Sep 20, 2009
Tough rockos. I always label my nets so I can identify traces on waveforms when I print them. It is never a problem when you do that.
Next, I suppose that you're going to complain about the price.
Sounds like there isn't a way to do it. It's something I'll get used to, definitely a feature I miss from OrCAD Capture pspice. Yes I know I know LTSpice is free....

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The thought of having to go back and clean them all up is ....
There used to be a guy you could ping with ideas, but now it is just a faceless corporate drone.
Email ADI, maybe somebody will bite. What do you have to lose.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
If you label the nodes with identifiable names (e.g. In, Out, V+, Gate, emitter, etc.), its easy to see which plot comes from where.
I don't see that having a probe stay on the schematic is much different from labeling the nodes.