Help reading memory from embedded device

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatgm1

Joined May 13, 2016
How would someone get the firmware data from a embedded device and rewrite the device? Or use the data to recreate the device virtually? It's an arm a113x soc smart home device with 1mb ram and 8mb flash storage. What factors need to be considered and researched to do something like this? How does one write to the flash storage and read from it? Is there a device like the st-link that does this? My experience in this is basic so I'm just trying to learn this stuff as I go.

Danko

Joined Nov 22, 2017
How would someone get the firmware data from a embedded device and rewrite the device? Or use the data to recreate the device virtually? It's an arm a113x soc smart home device with 1mb ram and 8mb flash storage. What factors need to be considered and researched to do something like this? How does one write to the flash storage and read from it? Is there a device like the st-link that does this? My experience in this is basic so I'm just trying to learn this stuff as I go.
All your questions may be answered at Advanced Security Training's courses.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Most microcontrollers I have come across in the last 20 years have provisions to prevent the memories from being read, and many manufacturers utilize these to protect their intellectual property.

You might obtain some help from the manufacturer of the chip you mentioned, but you might get better assistance from the manufacturer of device in which it is used.

Your intent seems to be in conflict with this site's section three User Agreement so until more information is forthcoming, this thread will be closed. You can get out attention with the Report button below.

Status
Not open for further replies.