How to change Rex C-100 max sv higher than 200 Degrees Celsius

Hogey

Joined Nov 28, 2020
Hi all hope someone can help me here.
I need to get the c-100 controller to go to about 230c but the highest it will allow me to set is 200c. I have read the instructions that came with it forwards, backwards and upside down but I can't seem to find where I can change min and max setpoints. From what I have found online it should go much higher but I can't find information on how to achieve this. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I am not at all familiar with that controller, but the temperature controllers that I have worked with all had internal limits on the setpoint. If this is an analog controller then it may be possible to change a resistor and move the upper setpoint limit. If it is a digital logic controller then it would need either a firmware change or an internal program change. So my suggestion is contact the manufacturer and ask them for advice.
If you got it from Amazon or EBAY you are totally out of luck.

Hogey

Joined Nov 28, 2020
Incase anyone else runs into the same issue, the setting is in menu sl1 and is a result of the thermocouple selected. Although I am using a k type there are multiple options for the single type. Changing 01 to 02 did the trick for me. Apparently k type can range up to 1372c.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Amazing indeed. Of course, to accurately display and control the temperature the calibration must be set for the type of thermocouple being used. Type K does indeed cover a wide range. And of course all of the calibration parameters must be set correctly for the application.