Diy usb hub pcb desgin / verification ...#2

ryanRZK

Joined Oct 19, 2020
So, For a project I need to have usb hub that I can chain up two times so I look up the internet and found the FE1.1S ic which is basicly what I want so I wen to easyeda to start design the schematic which brings me to the first question I read the datasheet multiple times and I wonder if the schematic that I created is correct:

So the second question is for the actual pcb what things do I need to look for for a desgin that will work?
I don't typically ask these type of question but it's my first pcb and I don't want to mess it up so anyone willing to help is welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
USB is a high bar to start as a PCB if you have not done so before,
its high speed, and tight constraints, like ideally no vias, and impedance matched lines can catch out even the most experienced designer.

Suggestion,
if you want a few of these,
purchase a generic HUB off your favourite web site, and take the case off,
it will probably be cheaper than you can make as well,

tindel

Joined Sep 16, 2012
USB2.0 isn't that hard if... 1) you don't change layers 2) you keep traces short and 3) match your trace lengths. There is more to it than that, but if you generally follow these rules you'll likely do okay.

Looks like your decoupling caps might be shorting your power and ground since there are 'dots' on your capacitors indicating a connection to something else. Some packages can still have connections under the part.