How to design this circuit ?

M3D0

Joined Oct 8, 2020
So I'm trying to design this circuit which basically requires the following:
Design a circuit which has a DC power supply [12V/3A] to power (2x) solenoids [12V/2A] by connecting a relay to each solenoid (each relay can be powered by 5V), and (x1) Servo motor [6v/1A], and (x1) micro-controller [6V/1A].

Main components used:
1. Battery Lithium-ion Super Rechargeable Battery Pack (12V, 3000mAh)
2. JF-0826B Push Action Type Electric Linear Solenoid 12Vdc,2A
3. Servo motor (6V,1A)
4. Micro-controller (6V,1A)

NOTE: The original question is provided in the attached file in this post along with a diagram that could help more in understanding the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
So this is homework? In which case you need to post your attempt at the question. We don't do your work for you.
What sort of micro-controller needs a 1A supply?

M3D0

Joined Oct 8, 2020
So this is homework? In which case you need to post your attempt at the question. We don't do your work for you.
What sort of micro-controller needs a 1A supply?
Well, I'm very sorry that I have offended you in some way, I just got stuck and I don't know how to start (the approach) of solving or designing a circuit, I was hoping some advice not a full answer to the question at least.

M3D0

Joined Oct 8, 2020
Since this is homework you need to show your own efforts before anyone will help you.
Maybe this was a fault to do this, which is introducing my problem as a question, I thought this could make my problem a lot more clear, so I made it to appear as a project question, I'm working on a self-learning project, and I'm working on the power supply stage, you can check my previous thread/post, which how I made the battery(which is basically a battery charged by a solar panel ).

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
It says on the power supply.pdf that you posted Project No. 7 as the title.
One can only assume that this is a course assignment.

M3D0

Joined Oct 8, 2020
It says on the power supply.pdf that you posted Project No. 7 as the title.
One can only assume that this is a course assignment.
That was my 7th project, nevermind That's my fault putting my question in this form

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
You have two solenoids. If they are ever required to operate at the same time (you haven't indicated how they are to be operated) then 2 x 2A = 4A (if indeed 2A is the coil current, which is surprisingly high but you haven't confirmed or denied). Now do you see the problem?

M3D0

Joined Oct 8, 2020
You have two solenoids. If they are ever required to operate at the same time (you haven't indicated how they are to be operated) then 2 x 2A = 4A (if indeed 2A is the coil current, which is surprisingly high but you haven't confirmed or denied). Now do you see the problem?
Thank you for the clarification! Each solenoid will be operating one at a time, so they will never be operating at the same time, Actually there will be at least 5 minutes between each solenoid to be activated. Thanks again for your clarification, I would love to hear more tips and advice about how to connect this circuit or the methodology of how to connect the two solenoids that both will have 12V/2A from the battery,(parallel or series)? do you have a similar circuit with the similar connections? Thanks in advance!

M3D0

Joined Oct 8, 2020
?? If they're in series or parallel they'll both operate at the same time.
Is there any type of configuration that both solenoids will get the needed current and voltage , I guess connecting them in parallel is not an option because the current will be divide I guess, or if I'm wrong the current will not be divided as they will not be operating at the same time? please correct me if I'm wrong.

M3D0

Joined Oct 8, 2020
Yes. Each solenoid must have its own switching circuit. The two circuits ensure independent currents through the solenoids.
So I assume a set of relay modules would just work fine in this case? ( as every component will operate once at a time)

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Suitable relays could certainly do the job. Their contacts would need to be rated to handle at least 2A DC and have spark suppressors.