Transfered breadboard Arduino project to PCB and does not work

Ayresguitar

Joined Sep 4, 2020
To whomever is willing to help me thank you very much I am a newbie and just cannot for the life of me figure this out .
I have an Arduino project that I connect 5 buttons to 1 analon read out A0 and use the voltage difference from the different resistor value to determine which button is pushed in my program . Now on the breadboard no problems moved it to PCB and I get a steady 4.55 volts. Now I did notice that first button on the left of my bread board is also 4.55 volts when pressed. I will provide pictures and please be easy on my solder work I am very new at this

Attachments

trebla

Joined Jun 29, 2019
It is hard to figure out what connection is shorted or missing if looking at pictures of different sides of PCB. I think it is easier to find error if you draw top view of your board to sheet of paper and then drawing necessary connections between components with one color and existing connections with another color pen.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Welcome to AAC! After checking the continuity path of the wiring, double-check the orientation of the tactile switch. If rotated 90° it will not work as intended. Below are some of the various switches I use for breadboarding. First is a NO/NC pushbutton. 3 pins, NO, NC, COM so it can be used either way or for both at the same time. It has the wrong pitch for breadboarding so it is soldered onto a bit of header pins with the correct pitch. Second is a SPDT switch, often handy to have. The third is my preferred NO pushbutton which I much prefer over the 4 pins tactile switch. Last is the tactile switch and note that I have straightened the pins on it. I do not like these as they will not stay in place and are continually popping out of the board, also they take up more space with the extra pins that are usually not needed. These are all commonly available at most parts houses. To prevent popout, solder a bit larger/longer pin onto the devices pin or a bit of header pins as shown on the first switch.

IMG_0728[1].JPG

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I'm not sure you understand how those tactile switches work. Take one and a sheet of paper and using a meter sketch out the connectivity. Without pushing the button, there IS connectivity between 2 pairs of pins as they are momentary DPST. Which is why I said that IF they are rotated 90° they will not work as expected.

Ayresguitar

Joined Sep 4, 2020
I don't think you understand how those tactile switches work. Take one and a sheet of paper and using a meter sketch out the connectivity. Without pushing the button, there IS connectivity between 2 pairs of pins. Which is why I said that IF they are rotated 90° they will not work as expected.
Omg I looked up everything and this whole time I just realize I hand 1 and 3 connected not 1 and 4