How to build a simple remote control #2

jandelatv

Joined Jul 5, 2020
wow!! that was owesome. Those datasheets were very helpful thank you very much. Now I do have an Idea of how my design is going to be and how it is going to function. I'
Hi everyone

I need help with the project that I have to do at school, we had choices to build any electrical engineering innovation and I chose to build a remote control. I wanted to be different from others because some are building the DC motors, generators etc. If there is something much easier or more exciting than building a remote control I'll be very happy if anyone can suggest it. I you guys to help me on the instructions, the material and everythong I will need to build a remote control. Please guys I really need your help and I have to submit on the 24th of October 2011 kode remot tv.

ll ask you again if I come across a problem.

me too[/QUOTE]

mod: link to old thread.
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/how-to-build-a-simple-remote-control.58744/post-395889

Last edited by a moderator:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
You are well past the deadline of October, 2011.

Consider building something like a clock. That is an oscillator (555-based?) and a counter.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi everyone

I need help with the project that I have to do at school, we had choices to build any electrical engineering innovation and I chose to build a remote control. I wanted to be different from others because some are building the DC motors, generators etc. If there is something much easier or more exciting than building a remote control I'll be very happy if anyone can suggest it. I you guys to help me on the instructions, the material and everythong I will need to build a remote control. Please guys I really need your help and I have to submit on the 24th of October 2011 kode remot tv.

ll ask you again if I come across a problem.

me too
mod: link to old thread.
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/how-to-build-a-simple-remote-control.58744/post-395889
[/QUOTE]

Hi,

You should start by purchasing a DeLorean and see if you can get a hold of one of those rare flux capacitors. With that you might be able to get back to 2011 and meet the deadline, other wise you are just a little late, like 9 or 10 years late. I dont think you will get credit for it now..

Seriously, did you make a mistake on quoting the deadline date? It cant really be for 10/2011 can it?

Infra Red remote controls are not that hard to build though, but you really need a microcontroller unless you only have to turn one thing on and off. For a simple on/off project you only need a single IR emitter and single IR detector. If you have to have a lot of functions like forward, backward, fast forward, stop, up, down, etc., then you need the uC and it would be better to use an IR receiver IC as they receive IR signals very well. You then need to program the uC with code that the IR receiver accepts and understands. To do that you can look online to find some of the type of signals sent by some common already designed remote controls.
The signals can be a little tricky to generate but once you get familiar with them it becomes much easier.