VESTEL Power Board

spike1947

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Hi
I have a VESTEL 17 IPS62 ver2 Power Board from a Flat Screen TV , I did a test of 3 UF 5402 Diodes and one was faulty, so I changed the 3, there is a power light on ! .

So what I am wanting is, what readings should I be getting on the 20 pin output connector CN2 , and where do I take the readings from ( ie ground to each pin ! ) am attaching a schematic for the Board .

cheers
SpikeVestel Board.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

spike1947

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Which diode was faulty and was it open circuit or short circuit?
PS: That's a horrible schematic!
There is 3x UF5402 diodes that are in series , not sure which one !, think the middle one , it was open! .
Schematic for the Vestal board is from Vestal themselves ! .

ps: I just want to know what readings I should get from the outlet connector ! .

cheers
Spike

spike1947

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Yeh , will fit back to TV, are them readings from each one to ground ?, do C81 n C82 connect to the 20 pin connector !

cheers
Spike

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Measure across the pins of each capacitor - that way you do not have to worry about where to connect the ground. Those capacitors connect to the 20 pin connector to feed power to rest of the TV.
NOTE: While the board is powered the bottom half of the power board is live mains - KEEP EVERYTHING - FINGERS, METER LEADS, ETC. AWAY FROM THERE.