ESP8266 client to windows TCP socket server

sairfan1

Joined May 24, 2012
I'm trying to connect ESP8266 with a tcp socket server program running on my windows computer, i developed a C# application running and listing to TCP socket with IP 172.16.1.85 Port 6579 i can connect client software to this server and send and receive message, i can also connect to this server through Putty as client.

My computer and ESP module are connected to same router, I was trying to use different libraries like WebSocketsClient.h WifiClient.h When i google mostly results are regarding web socket that i believe is for communicating with web browser on socket, though that seems different but tried it as well, but i never receive any connection to the server from my ESP device,

Last edited:

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I'm trying to connect ESP8266 with a tcp socket server program running on my windows computer, i developed a C# application running and listing to TCP socket with IP 172.16.1.85 Port 6579 i can connect client software to this server and send and receive message, i can also connect to this server through Putty as client.

My computer and ESP module are connected to same router, I was trying to use different libraries like WebSocketsClient.h WifiClient.h When i google mostly results are regarding web socket that i believe is for communicating with web browser on socket, though that seems different but tried it as well, but i never receive any connection to the server from my ESP device,
How have you configured TCP/IP on the ESP8266?

What’s the IP address, map and gateway?

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I inserted code in my question
Yes you did. But you didn’t document the IP settings of the other node. What’s the IP address of the node that you want to connect to?

“...85” is the IP address if the ESP8266. What’s the address of the other node that your trying to connect to?