What are you planning to do after this lockdown ends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleve Hope

Joined Apr 21, 2020
Hello all,
We are being isolated for about two months now, and in many parts of the world lockdown is ending soon.
We have faced a lot in this Pandemic and now it's time to regain our energy.
So what is the first thing you are going to do after this lockdown ends.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hello all,
We are being isolated for about two months now, and in many parts of the world lockdown is ending soon.
We have faced a lot in this Pandemic and now it's time to regain our energy.
So what is the first thing you are going to do after this lockdown ends.
Considering all of the mixed messages that are coming in on a minute by minute basis, I am going to continue to stay home until I feel confident that people understand the nature of the problem and act accordingly. I will not eat in a restaurant, I will not stay in a hotel, I will not get on an airplane, and there is no particular shopping that I need to do. At the moment shopping is limited to the grocery store. I'm 72 and I feel that I can no longer trust my neighbors to act in the common interest. I'm not going anywhere near them, and they're not coming anywhere near me.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It was informed that Maldives will be open on 28th this month.
I guess I will get back to work but my mask stays ON. lotta hand washing in-between.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
A bunch of people vacationing there decided to stay when they closed the airport. The alternative was a long ferry ride with unknown consequences at their destination.
Nope.
Guests cannot leave the resort.
Flights were arranged for those who wants to go back after passing quarantine.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Over here (N.E. Thailand) we are allowed out except between 11:00 PM and 04:00 AM. Been that way for about a week. Still doing the same things I did before and during the lock-down, which does not involve much outside the walls of my property. Excitement for the day is the trip out to the street to see if the mailman had been here.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
If not a full haircut, to trim my sideburns at least. Maybe twice before, when going at sea in long voyages like Argentina-Japan-Brazil-USA, I had my hair this long.

In one of those voyages, before crossing the Magellan Strait, four days before calling Buenos Aires, the nurse offered to trim my hair. As she progressed in the task, I could perceive something strange in the shadow over the wall on my right and at a certain moment she said: yes, I use to cut my daughter's hair quite frequently.

I confirmed the delicate cut I got by the cursing and jokes heard when entering the officers mess immediately after. The very first day at home I went to the barber.

Anyway, barber and dentist seem to me a risky business nowadays. No one better than them to infect you :eek:

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
barber and dentist seem to me a risky business nowadays.
In my area it's looking like: walk-ins not allowed, you can't be in the room unless it's your turn, hair stylist and customer need to wear masks, no hair dryers, extra time between clients to do cleaning, customer has to wash hands before entering. There's some talk of coming with your hair wet and not being able to talk.

Things will definitely be different.

Meat processing plants seem to have problems; they seem to be breeding grounds for viruses. They were probably passing diseases all along and it was just never traced to them.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Meat processing plants seem to have problems; they seem to be breeding grounds for viruses. They were probably passing diseases all along and it was just never traced to them.
I see that as a good byproduct of this mess. In the search for COVID-19 we are finding nests of other nasty bugs what will be cleaned up too in the process.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I am driving to a place right off the Indiana turnpike at the Ohio border and picking up some rough sawn white cedar. White cedar simply is not available in Ohio. Unless, of course, Michigan delays opening until a vaccine is available. In that case, I will let my heirs deal with it.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Over here (N.E. Thailand)
You're lucky; Thailand hasn't been hit hard:
clipimage.jpg

Be thankful you're not one of these countries:
clipimage.jpg

Sweden did almost nothing to mitigate spread, yet there are 5 countries with higher percapita death figures.

The US death toll is around 94K today. With ~1500 dying daily, we'll be over 100K before the end of the month.

Look at China. They were hit first and have an unbelievably low death rate; their total deaths is lower then the number of bodies they appear to have burned around Wuhan.
clipimage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.