Merging pcb libraries in Altium designer

acheriti

Joined Apr 26, 2020
Hey guys,
I'm having a hard time figuring this out.Assume I have two PCB librairies in Altium designer. One is SSOP.pcblib and the second one is TSSOP.pcblib.
Let's say I want to take a footprint in the SSOP lib (that already exists with its 3d model and everything ) and I want to bring it in TSSOP lib. How can I do that? Altium does not have any import tool, neither can I simply copy and paste it.
Does someone know how I could do that? Thank you very much.

Marc Sugrue

Joined Jan 19, 2018
Open the two libraries. Select library 1 - Select the footprints in the PCBlibrary tab and then select all the parts using shift and left mouse button. Once selected use right mouse button to copy the footprints. Select library 2 go the the PCBlibrary tab for that library then right mouse button and select paste x components.
Job done :)

Attachments

Last edited:

acheriti

Joined Apr 26, 2020
Open the two libraries. Select library 1 - Select the footprints in the PCBlibrary tab and then select all the parts using shift and left mouse button. Once selected use right mouse button to copy the footprints. Select library 2 go the the PCBlibrary tab for that library then right mouse button and select paste x components.
Job done :)
Hi. Firstly thank you for your answer.
I tried it with 2 altiums versions 18.1.7 & 19.1.6 . It works only on the first one and I don't know why. I see from your pictures you're working on 19.0. Do you know if there's any filter I could've desactivated that breaks this feature?
Thank you very much :)