Circuit built into motor? Speed co troller maybe?

Cyrus Mingley

Joined Apr 18, 2020
I have a 24v 16.6 ah 400w motor and I would like to know what this circuit built into it is. This is a dc motor I presume? I’m still not sure how to ID what type they are. Here are the input leadsimage.jpgHeres the built in circuit (I separated it from the motor)image.jpg
And finally the motor itself
image.jpg

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It is a BLDC motor as can be seen by the 3 hall sensors, the circuit is obviously potted so there is not much chance of reverse engineering the commutation circuit.
Max.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Certainly it is a BrushLess DC motor, and it looks like the heavy red and black wires are the power connections. You will need to use whatever identification is on the motor body and do a search for control connection information.

Cyrus Mingley

Joined Apr 18, 2020
Certainly it is a BrushLess DC motor, and it looks like the heavy red and black wires are the power connections. You will need to use whatever identification is on the motor body and do a search for control connection information.
No identification.. I’ll check again maybe there’s a serial number but I couldn't find one

Cyrus Mingley

Joined Apr 18, 2020
What is the unit from? Application?
This may lead to more information on getting it to run. ;)
Max.
It was from a family friend, he had it lying around and gave it to me. I’ll ask him where it’s from maybe I can get an answer. For some reason I had it in my head it was for an electric scooter.

Cyrus Mingley

Joined Apr 18, 2020
I found the motor, it has a built in speed controller. Just need a throttle apparently. Will do some more research