Pic 16f877a

Hussienabdelraoof

Joined Apr 7, 2020
Dear all
I using my jdm circuit and pic 16f877a using xp windows without any problem when using windows 7 any thing not work i test more than programme of winpic not work
Note i using serial port Rs232
Please help
Thanks

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I have been using Win7 to program numerous PIC16F's over the past several years with no problem. It is USB to my ICD3/PicKit3. No problem with Windows or PIC's. Get a decent programmer.

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
WinPic may be a 16 bit application as its quite old... Try to run it as an XP application other than that you'll need to find an alternative..

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Are you using a computer with a built-in serial port or a USB-Serial converter?
The USB-Serial converters don't usually handle the handshaking lines correctly and also introduce delays and both of these may prevent your programmer working correctly.

Hussienabdelraoof

Joined Apr 7, 2020
Are you using a computer with a built-in serial port or a USB-Serial converter?
The USB-Serial converters don't usually handle the handshaking lines correctly and also introduce delays and both of these may prevent your programmer working correctly.
No i run on serial port built on pc

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I know am not answering your OP but I suggest, if you can afford it, to buy a PICkit4 and to get a recent simple PC or laptop to work with MPLABX. I work in Assembly and everything goes reasonably well.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Are you running window 7 on the same that you had used with XP. The JDM programmer needs a good voltage on swing on the RS232 lines to generate the programming voltage. If it is a different PC the problem may be differences in the RS232 levels rather than the operating system.

Les.