Circuit Design & Implementation

Mr. Benson the Transhuman

Joined Mar 27, 2020
I'm currently designing a Smart Helmet that's planned to have Sensors hooked up and sent through a PCB (with circuit protection and power components). So far how I've gotten is that since this project is homemade for a first time concept prototype coming to life, I have a USB splitter (up to 8 USB ports) that's connected to a 2 USB port rechargeable battery board with battery life level indication. So far I'm trying to go about wiring my board to my power source so that the helmet as a whole will turn on and power its components and abilities given to the user. However I am struggling with how and where and what to do about moving forward and connecting Resistors, Transistors, step up & down transformers and more neccessary parts to help bring this project to completion and ensure safety as well as efficiency and performance (I'm adding A.I smart parts as well including a google home mini and other I.o.T based components.) What's your opinions on what I can do to move forward? I'm trying to implement a Conventional Circuit Theory to assist me in my handling of Microwave circuit parts)

Attachments

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Electronics for the head sounds dangerous so I am glad that you are making safety a priority. here are some thoughts:

Some helmets are made with Styrofoam between the shell and the lining. A long time ago I built an oven to stabilize and voltage reference. The heater was powered by the AC line and I used Styrofoam to insulate the oven to the extent required. Unfortunately there was a problem with the control circuit and the Styrofoam caught fire...you can see the hazard.

The head is a very sensitive part of the body. The electrical path from the head to the feet pass through the heart. Make sure your helmet is well insulated from any AC line connected to it or to any computer or peripheral that the helmet into which the helmet is plugged. A ground fault interrupter would be a good idea for AC power going into anything connected to the helmet.

Microwaves in the helmet? I don't know much about it but there are standards that can guide you to avoid excess RF exposure. https://www.arpansa.gov.au/sites/default/files/legacy/pubs/rps/rps3.pdf

Are there any particular circuits about which you have questions?

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Your question does not say what you are trying to achieve, or detail *any* of the signals you are trying to interconnect. Voltages, currents, impedances, frequencies, content - it all matters.

ak

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
What's your opinions on what I can do to move forward?
Neat helmet, but it needs an anemometer on top for sensing wind speed: sorta like a propeller beanie, but with an actual purpose! Also, it needs a flip-down heads-up display (HUD) for real-time display of all your important sensor data.

I'm trying to implement a Conventional Circuit Theory to assist me in my handling of Microwave circuit parts
Be careful working with microwaves; if you're not careful you could end up roasting your goobers. Just sayin'...