field-effect transistor

anni_ab

Joined Apr 1, 2020
From basic electrostatic considerations derive the output and transfer equations for field-effect transistor. Include in the derivation the short channel case.

current vs drain-source voltage at constant gate-source voltage, for the output;

current vs gate-source voltage at constant drain-source voltage, for the transfer

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So what is your question? Or are you just posting your homework and expecting someone to do it for you?

anni_ab

Joined Apr 1, 2020
So what is your question? Or are you just posting your homework and expecting someone to do it for you?
instead saying rubbish word better to help each other it is forum and I can ask if someone help can reply but if you donèt want it is needed to say

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Wecome to AAC! Bienvenue!

There are rules on AAC and there are additional expectations on Homework Help.
In Homework Help we will not do the work for you. We will not give you a straight answer.
You must first show your own work. Then we will help you from there.

Above all, be grateful for the service and be polite. If you are unhappy with any response, click on the Report button.

anni_ab

Joined Apr 1, 2020
Wecome to AAC! Bienvenue!

There are rules on AAC and there are additional expectations on Homework Help.
In Homework Help we will not do the work for you. We will not give you a straight answer.
You must first show your own work. Then we will help you from there.

Above all, be grateful for the service and be polite. If you are unhappy with any response, click on the Report button.
sorry about that I'm new here. it is new field that I try to understand some relations in FET. I find some relationships about MOSFET n-channel for current. I'm not sure that this relations are correct or not. are the conditions such as electrostatic and short channel influence the equation?Untitled.png

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
Yes equations look correct generally speaking.

You can see what effect channel length has on drain current, they are inversely related.

As far as electrostatic not sure what you are referring to. Field equations in the channel ?

Regards, Dana.

anni_ab

Joined Apr 1, 2020
Thank you so much. I read some parts of paper. Does electrostatic affect relationships? I don't understand exactly that what is electrostatic aspect of equations in FET.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
sorry about that I'm new here. it is new field that I try to understand some relations in FET. I find some relationships about MOSFET n-channel for current. I'm not sure that this relations are correct or not. are the conditions such as electrostatic and short channel influence the equation?View attachment 203200
I think there is a small language barrier here that's all.
Try to be patient and i think you will get help.

anni_ab

Joined Apr 1, 2020
The references are:
[1] D. A. Neamen, Electronic circuit analysis and design, 2nd Edition, Mc Graw Hill, 2001, chapter 5, pp. 243-311.

[2] Haddock, J. N., Zhang, X., Zheng, S., Marder, S. R., & Kippelen, B. (2005, September). Analysis of short-channel effects in organic field-effect transistors. In Organic Field-Effect Transistors IV (Vol. 5940, p. 59400H). International Society for Optics and Photonics.
[3] https://www.coursera.org/lecture/tr...tion-transistor/short-channel-effects-1-XtTAf

anni_ab

Joined Apr 1, 2020
[4] R. S. Muller, T. I. Kamins, M. Chan, Device electronics for intergrated circuit, 3rd Edition, 2003, pp. 456-461.