Which CMOS Transistor is suitable for Power amplification (ranging form 7MHz ~ 9MHz) ?

Nomi 1114

Joined Dec 4, 2017
Dear all,

Hope everybody is fine. I am interested to design a class-E power amplifier for RFID applications (frequency ranging from 7MHz to 9MHz). For the said purpose i had designed class-E PA by using MOSFET but now i am interested to replace MOSFET with CMOS Transistor. But unfortunately i am unable to decide which part number's transistor is suitable for the said requirement.

Kindly anyone suggest me any CMOS transistor (part number) which can work for the required frequency range and class-E amplification.

I shall be highly grateful to you for this anticipation.

looking forward for your kind and prompt reply.

Regards

Last edited:

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I've never heard of a CMOS transistor.
CMOS is a logic family that consists of two complementary MOSFETs that form an inverter.

Nomi 1114

Joined Dec 4, 2017
Dear Respected @ crutschow @ ElectricSpidey

Thank you very much for your kind concern and reply. You are absolutely alright, I think in last message not proper wording used for requirement, I am so sorry for that. Actually i am confused only for selection of CMOS (Complimentary MOS FETs P-channel & N-channel). I am interested to design a Class -E Power amplifier of output power 15W ~20W(frequency rang 7.7Mhz ~8.7MHz). please suggest me any suitable CMOS model (part number).

I shall be highly grateful to you for this act of kindness. Anxiously waiting for your kind and prompt reply..

Regards

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
I do not know anyone why has made a 5-20w rf amplifier in CMOS.
There are many designs with N-MOS output stages.
Can you supply a schematic?

Nomi 1114

Joined Dec 4, 2017
Dear Respected @ronsimpson,

Thank you very much for your kind concern. Right now i don't have any schematic but I got the idea related to my work, Thank you very much again. I will contact you again if i feel any problem.

Thanks

Nomi 1114

Joined Dec 4, 2017
Dear all,

Thank you very much for your kind help and cooperation. I got the idea related to my work. I will contact you all of you again if i feel any problem.

Thanks

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Wikipedia: Complementary metal–oxide–semiconductor (CMOS), also known as complementary-symmetry metal–oxide–semiconductor.
So, I guess he want a complementary pair of MOSFET, as the igbt or bjt will not pass the said Metal-Oxide criterion. Then, next, I guess, the 1/(t(rise)+t(on)+t(off)+t(decay)) would be AT LEAST 3x or better 5x even 7x higher than frequency of those 9 MHz, other-how killing the 3 and 5th harmonics we get anything but E class.

So, 70 MHz; XX Volts; YY Amperes.
When XX and YY will be clarified, then go into octopart.com and push those three criterions into advanced search window. The search phrase may be MOSFET 150Volt 10Ampere 10nanoseconds or anything what be suitable for.

Hint: 20W in the guess that power line PROBABLY will have a 50 Ohm impedance may demand the U^2/R=N or 30 Volts and i^2*R=N or 0,7 Amperes. Thus look for it!
Looked in: there are no offers for pair, but is plentitude of single transistors, why to not pick both separately? Examples for +Vcc transistors are NDC7002N; BSN20-7; DMT5015LFDF-7; DMT5015LFDF-13; Simply re-check the datasheets as search engine sometimes spit out the very strange and inappropriate choises as well along with very good and appropriate.

Probably would be wise to print in the one adittional criteerion, the dissipated power rating what ought to be at least 20% or better the 50...100% of 20 W designed output, let to have a safety reserve.

Nomi 1114

Joined Dec 4, 2017
Dear Respected @Janis59

Thanks you very much for your kind information. The shared information is very good and fruitful. Your post is exactly what i need. Again Thank you very much for your help. If i feel any problem i will contact you again ...

Regards
Nomi