I'm trying to find a replacement for this part, but I am having trouble.

masterRuko

Joined Jan 27, 2020
I've never been good at finding needed components, and now I need a replacement for this capacitor. Can anyone provide me with a link to what I need? The text on top is "10 CHA. 1J8". Thank you in advance.output-onlinejpgtools.jpg

masterRuko

Joined Jan 27, 2020
Nope, it's the only one. There is another cap on the circuit but it's a different one; physically 3x the size. If this one wasn't so beat up I'd just try to solder it back on, but I don't want to because of the condition it's in. The battery pack came to lose and knocked this one off the board.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I ran both the CHA and 1J8 markings and came up with nothing similar to the picture. I don't think it is a cap. It looks like an inductor to me. Show us a picture of the bottom side. How many pads are on the bottom to connect to the board? Also maybe a pic of the board and where it came from to help reverse engineer the circuit to determine what the device is.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
It's an electrolytic cap.

Here's how Panasonic marks theirs:
clipimage.jpg
10 uF 16V HA series, lead free.

Last edited:

masterRuko

Joined Jan 27, 2020
I tried searching CHA and 1J* also and got nothing useful either. Heres the bottom showing the leads. The lead closesest to the pen tip is on the same side as the black mark on the top.output-onlinejpgtools (1).jpg

Here is the circuit. You can see a white circle (C1) to the upper left of what I assume is another cap (C2), it looks the one in question, just bigger. I assumed they are both caps because of the C1 & C2 silkscreen. One of the red/black wire pairs connects to a LiFePo4 battery pack and the other r/b wire pair connects to an LED strip, The third set of wires connects to a 12v wall wort. You can see, sticking out from the underside near the blue tape, a photo-resister used for turning the LED's on when it gets dark. In case your wondering this is from a Domino's Pizza car topper.
20200128_003301.jpg

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
So that makes it 10uF @ 16V This surface mount is new to me... I'm used to seeing the small bar type caps and resistors. The C1 marking on the board is self-explanatory.