Messing around with an aliexpress DAC and not getting any sound

berbaroovez

Joined Oct 29, 2019
So I'm trying to use this DAC from aliexpress to get sound out of my PS4. I run the LOUT and ROUT which I believe are analog signal to a potentiometer then to a aux port and I dont hear any sound coming out. Here is a rough photo of the current layout. In the top left is about 8V power coming into the bread board. On the right is the DAC which has lines going to ground and power and the lower set of wires are Lout and Rout.

If anyone has any guidance on how to debug my problem I would love to hear it

Attachments

berbaroovez

Joined Oct 29, 2019
Hello,

Do you have datails about the dac?
The link in your openings post leads to a login page.

Bertus
Does this link work better . If that does you can look up DAC Digital Decoder CS8416+CS4344 on google and you should fine plenty of links. If that doesn't work heres some description.
sing the solution CS8416+CS4344, better sound quality than ordinary audio decoding

24-BIT D/A [Support 16-24 BIT]

Sample rate 192K [Supports 44.1K 48K 96K 192K]

Functional description:

Optical fiber and coaxial digital signal input [optical fiber priority]

Output stereo audio signal 0.65VA [with mute function]

Supply power input:

+4.2V to +12V

+5.1V to +12V (cannot exceed the power supply range), can not be powered by the AC adapter. Avoid the individual +5V power supply voltage is low, the DAC chip supply voltage is low, resulting in various problems, please use the power supply higher than +5V, 6V-12V test. The +5V power test can be used without any problem without any effect.

The measured current of the DAC board (192K) is not less than 0.1A, so the power of the general power supply can be satisfied.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Are you putting analog signals to the input of a DAC? If so, that is not right.

What are you trying to do? What are lout and rout coming from the PS4? What are you teying to send audio to?

Bob

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The DAC is mentioned to be used to decode a digital signal.
That signal should go in the coax or optical input.

One of the pictures from the given page:

DAC digitaldecoder.png

bertus

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
do you have coax output out of a PS4? The line out is L / common / R. It will probably need an amplifier.

Last edited:

berbaroovez

Joined Oct 29, 2019
do you have coax output out of a PS4? The line out is L / common / R. It will probably need an amplifier.
Are you putting analog signals to the input of a DAC? If so, that is not right.

What are you trying to do? What are lout and rout coming from the PS4? What are you teying to send audio to?

Bob
The input is coming from the ps4 via optical and im trying to play the sound as analog through the aux port. I'll have to try an amplifier any links to simple ones ?

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Shop around depends on how much you want to pay and how long you want to wait... amazon prime is quick for a couple bucks more.