Firing circuit

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Here is one example of thyristor full wave Dimmer, using a Unijuction Transistor as the pulser, there are other methods using micros, ...with Triacs..

silicon-controlled-rectifiers-electronics-world-october-1963-7.jpg

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
What will you be doing with the firing circuit? e.g. Motor speed control, lamp dimming, power supply regulation, etc?

Do you need switching at the zero crossing or continuously variable firing phase?

Will the primary control be a control voltage, a pot, or other?

Tarek1266

Joined Oct 18, 2019
What will you be doing with the firing circuit? e.g. Motor speed control, lamp dimming, power supply regulation, etc?

Do you need switching at the zero crossing or continuously variable firing phase?

Will the primary control be a control voltage, a pot, or other?
I want a firing circuit that can do as the arduino do with variable potientiometer and the pulses should be 1ms , i want it to fire electronic devices such as triac or SCR at angles all around the sine wave .

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Here is one way using a Zero crossing system, and Triac firing with an optocoupler..use a MOC3063 zcd type instead of 3020.

ac_dimmer_220V_circuit.png

Tarek1266

Joined Oct 18, 2019
Hi everyone,
I am constructing a firing circuit using this technique. looking for any suggestions for those sub tasks and the components needed for this circuit.

1575187609832.png

Last edited by a moderator: