Asus K55A no power

YoussefAziz101

Joined Nov 17, 2019
I have an Asus K55A-HI5014L that doesn't power up and even the power Led does not go on when connect the power adapter
I am newbie in troubleshooting motherboards circuits
I checked all the capacitors on the board and all of them has 0.86 volt across them except for one capacitor with red head and lines written as follow
EAS43
C 220
6.3 v

Please advice what would the replacement part and if someone had seen this problem before
Thanks for your help !

Attachments

drc_567

Joined Dec 29, 2008
... If you do not detect reasonable DC voltages, using a multimeter, then a transformer may be involved. Can you find any fuses on the board. A blown fuse is usually the first thing to look for.
... Be sure to keep hands and fingers from inadvertently touching the board when it is connected to mains power.

YoussefAziz101

Joined Nov 17, 2019
... If you do not detect reasonable DC voltages, using a multimeter, then a transformer may be involved. Can you find any fuses on the board. A blown fuse is usually the first thing to look for.
... Be sure to keep hands and fingers from inadvertently touching the board when it is connected to mains power.
Thanks for your reply I don't see any transformers since the power adapter provides 19 vdc
I can measure 19 vdc on the board and not able to spot any fuses
So you know what is the capacitor size from lines I wrote ?