Obstacle Avoiding Robot using PIC Microcontroller

Lambo Av

Joined Apr 24, 2019
Hi all, I am currently working on this robot with the guidance of the following website
"https://circuitdigest.com/microcontroller-projects/obstacle-avoiding-robot-using-pic16f877a"

The circuit diagram is as shown below
1573377358080.png
The L293D motor driver module he used looks something like this
1573377487894.png

while mine is exactly this module
1573377752600.png

In the circuit diagram there is M1 ChA, ChB, M2 ChA, ChB while mine has PWMA, PWMB, DIRA, DIRB.
1. Do the 4 pins have the same functions (meaning that they appear in different names)? As in M1 ChA is PWMA, M1 ChB is PWMB and so on
2. May I know how do I connect this to a PIC16F877A using a breadboard? Is it the same as the circuit diagram provided?
3. Is there a datasheet for my module? I have searched "MRL293 Datasheet" in search engines but I failed to obtain any datasheets.

Thank you

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
In the circuit diagram there is M1 ChA, ChB, M2 ChA, ChB while mine has PWMA, PWMB, DIRA, DIRB.
1. Do the 4 pins have the same functions (meaning that they appear in different names)? As in M1 ChA is PWMA, M1 ChB is PWMB and so on
That is not exactly as I would interpret it. M1 and M2 consistently refer to motor1 and motor2, respectively in the first series and A or B refer to the motors in your device. Each motor requires two inputs from the PIC (i.e., pins RC4,RC5,RC6, and RC7 of the pic are outputs). One input to the motor controls speed; the other input to the motor controls direction. I would arbitrarily assign M1 = A and M2 = B and M1ChA = PWMA and M1ChB = DIRA. and so forth.

Thus, my assignments would be:
M1ChA --> PWMA
M1ChB --> DIRA
M2ChA --> PWMB
M2ChB __> DIRB

I did not try to figure from the code which pins of the PIC controlled speed or direction. Thus, it is possible M1ChA -->DIRA and M1ChB -->PWMA . Whichever it is, motor #2 (B) will probably have the same assignments. However that is not certain as code could change them around.

2. May I know how do I connect this to a PIC16F877A using a breadboard? Is it the same as the circuit diagram provided?
Yes.

3. Is there a datasheet for my module? I have searched "MRL293 Datasheet" in search engines but I failed to obtain any datasheets.
Thank you
Don't know. That is one of the problems with buying from unknown sources. Ask the seller, as having the datasheet for the module will make is much easier to figure out the last paragraph of my first response. .