Relay Alarm Circuit Problem

gmacdonald

Joined Oct 26, 2008
Hi,

I need help to solve a relay issue I have. Basically I have two separate relays with N/C contacts linked which open when energised to signal an alarm system. The two relays are to give two separate faults Urgent fault and non-urgent fault from a UPS but the external alarm system used by another team want the alarm into one set of contacts (urgent/non-Urgent) hence why they have been linked.
The Monitoring system I want to connect the UPS to I want 2 separate alarms urgent and non-urgent.

Can anyone think of a simple way to solve the problem of having one system having urgent/non-urgent alarms linked and another monitoring system getting the two separate alarms.

ElectricSpidey

Joined Dec 2, 2017
You could use 2 DPST relays, where one set of contacts send the separate signals to one alarm and the other set of contacts could be wired in series to a coil of a third relay that in turn can send a signal to the other team, that requires a combined signal.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
You can use two separate Dpdt relays that each sends Urgent and Non-urgent as normal, and use the second set of contacts in series this will activate on either urgent/non urgent.

Last edited:

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hi,

I need help to solve a relay issue I have. Basically I have two separate relays with N/C contacts linked which open when energised to signal an alarm system. The two relays are to give two separate faults Urgent fault and non-urgent fault from a UPS but the external alarm system used by another team want the alarm into one set of contacts (urgent/non-Urgent) hence why they have been linked.
The Monitoring system I want to connect the UPS to I want 2 separate alarms urgent and non-urgent.

Can anyone think of a simple way to solve the problem of having one system having urgent/non-urgent alarms linked and another monitoring system getting the two separate alarms.
hi

when you say the contacts are “linked” what do you mean? The contacts are in series?

eT

vu2nan

Joined Sep 11, 2014
Hi,

Here's the logic.

untitled5.JPG

Last edited: