Circuit for Ramped Sine Wave Output

ColStewart

Joined Jul 30, 2019
Hi,

I need to create a sine wave output of about 300Hz with ramped AC output starting at ~ 0.01 V p-p increasing to 10 V p-p over about ~13 seconds

I have found some circuits for ramp functions and also for sine wave generators but I have not been able to couple the two together with any success.

This is my first electronics project in many years, so I am still pretty low on the learning curve.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Just to open the door: Start with Op Amp. fed with your 300 Hz. oscillator- maybe 1V PP. Use a LED to CdS.
photo coupler for Op Amp feedback. Use a 555 ramp generator to drive the LED. Input resistor around 100K,
almost dark coupler feed back 1M= output of about 10V PP. Drive LED harder & feedback drops to 1k , output about .01 V PP ??

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
There must be an op-amp on the market with a gain set by an external voltage (if there isn’t one, I’ve just invented it).

Feed the 300Hz sine wave into the op-amp and supply the op-amp gain input voltage via a suitable resistor charging a suitable capacitor to give the required gain ramp time.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
An alternative approach as the frequency is fixed is to generate a ramped square wave which would be easier and filter the output with a LC filter (Or you could use an active filter.) tuned to 300 Hz.

Les.

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
Last edited:

Picbuster

Joined Dec 2, 2013
Hi,

I need to create a sine wave output of about 300Hz with ramped AC output starting at ~ 0.01 V p-p increasing to 10 V p-p over about ~13 seconds

I have found some circuits for ramp functions and also for sine wave generators but I have not been able to couple the two together with any success.

This is my first electronics project in many years, so I am still pretty low on the learning curve.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks
Use a microchip pic + dac + opamp as buffer
output Amplitude = offset+ A . sin(t) A amplitude .
or when you need a separate DAC remove offset and use opamp to create an offset.
300 is slow and no problem to calculate or use a table.
Link a to ramp as function of period or as function of t. ( last one allows you to create a periodic wave form)
doing t in big steps you are able to build different wave forms like triangle ++

Picbuster